Toddlers & Preschoolers

Featured Posts
TheMommaJessie
3 1/2 year old bitting
March 26 at 12:56 PM

my son will be 3 1/2 on April 9th and we have been having an issue with him bitting off and on for the last year and a half (since his sister was born). My question is how can I get him to stop? He has bit a two different kids at story time and tried to bite the teacher in story time on seperate occasions so today since he bit a kid they told me he can not be there if he is going to bite. He loves story time though so I am at a loss as to what to do. 

Replies

• HaroldsMom
    March 26 at 9:01 PM

The only thing I can tell ya is this tell him do not bite it's not nice. I know you my have said this all ready but I had to tell my son that ones and he stop but at the same time he is my only child. Just keep talking to him about it and also tell him he can't go to story time till he dues stop biting that may help. Good luck shrugging

• TheMommaJessie
    March 26 at 9:20 PM

he doesn't do this all the time only when he feels cornered, threatend, someone is taking something he is playing with and will no listen when he says no, is keeping him away from someone that he thinks is leaving (like when he bit the story time teacher because she was keeping him from my mom & he thought my mom was leaving him when she wasn't) that sort of stuff. He knows not to do it but when no one listens to him or won't leave him be when he is playing in his own space away from the others he will bite them. 

Quoting HaroldsMom:

The only thing I can tell ya is this tell him do not bite it's not nice. I know you my have said this all ready but I had to tell my son that ones and he stop but at the same time he is my only child. Just keep talking to him about it and also tell him he can't go to story time till he dues stop biting that may help. Good luck shrugging

• HaroldsMom
    March 26 at 9:46 PM

Okay I just don't know then just keep telling him that thing will be okay I wish I could help more. Maybe you can talk to the Dr. about it. Don't know all you can do is just love him poor you and him

• TheMommaJessie
    March 26 at 9:58 PM

his doctor is a stupid snobby foriegn woman that thinks she is sooo smart but gives me no advice or guidance. 

Quoting HaroldsMom:

Okay I just don't know then just keep telling him that thing will be okay I wish I could help more. Maybe you can talk to the Dr. about it. Don't know all you can do is just love him poor you and him

• HaroldsMom
    March 26 at 10:06 PM

Okay that I know what to say get a new one I would not put up with that

• TheMommaJessie
    March 26 at 10:09 PM

that is an issue because there isn't another pediatritian with in like an hours drive from me and I have severe anxiety panic problems and can't drive outside of town with out having a panic attack if hubby is driving no issues but he works so that wouldn't work. it sucks the situation i am in but i have no other options. :(

Quoting HaroldsMom:

Okay that I know what to say get a new one I would not put up with that

• HaroldsMom
    March 26 at 10:44 PM

I get it. I also have anxiety panic stuff also for the most part it is taking care of with meds but at less you can still dive I am 28 I can't  dive not with out  panicking at less you have a diver license I don't simple frown

• Retrokitty
    March 27 at 12:50 AM
    Teach him coping skills to deal with those feelings
  • TheMommaJessie
    March 27 at 5:37 AM

oh momma I am so sorry you have such severe panic attacks. My mom is like that when other people drive. If she is behind the wheel she can drive no issues but when someone else needs to drive (she had surgerly or something like that) she looses it. Everyone says to focus the breathing and stuff but i don't know if that really works.

Quoting HaroldsMom:

I get it. I also have anxiety panic stuff also for the most part it is taking care of with meds but at less you can still dive I am 28 I can't  dive not with out  panicking at less you have a diver license I don't simple frown

• TheMommaJessie
    March 27 at 5:40 AM

I don't know how to teach him because 1) I don't know these skillsl and 2) he just doesn't get things I can't get him to potty train or learn his ABCs or learn to count ect. We are struggling with trying to get him to learn to sit still and behave he is so hyper the only thing that he seems to settle for is story time at the library and some tv shows. 

Quoting Retrokitty: Teach him coping skills to deal with those feelings

Toddlers & Preschoolers

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts