Toddlers & Preschoolers

Featured Posts
rHOPEb
How long without food?
by rHOPEb
April 4, 2013 at 8:23 PM

My daughter is 4yr and a super picky eater.  She always has been!  I know she will go a few days picking at her plate and then a few days where she will eat all day long.  Well....this week she has probably ate ONE meal :(  She is drinking fine.  I limit her milk to 2 cups a day, one cup juice, the rest water (or flavored water).  I've never seen her like this.  All week she has said her head hurts or is dizzy or feels funny (obviously she needs to eat SOMETHING).  Today she looks pale and has dark circles under her eyes.  

Has anyone else had issues with eating?  I offer only GOOD/healthy foods.  We do get 'treats' if all meals are ate.  She hasn't gotten to eat any Easter candy b/c she refuses to eat her food.  I'm at a loss here.  Please help!  Thanks!!!!!

**EDIT**  The pedi called back and said it sounds like it could be an inner ear issue.  I will take her this evening or tomorrow morning.  Thank you everyone for all your kind words and help!!!!

Replies

• brittany208
    April 5, 2013 at 1:16 PM

maybe she's coming down with a cold? I'd say as long as she is eating a little something, then I wouldn't worry about it too terribly much. And considering she turned down COOKIES--I'm sure she is genuinely not hungry and probably just listening to her body. You might call and mention it to her dr. but since she is eating a little, she probably just isnt going through a growth spurt right now

Quoting rHOPEb:

Yesterday (for example) she had 3 bites of pancake (which she asked for and helped me make), a cup of mandarain oranges, and a yogurt.  That is all.........I offered everything under the sun......this morning hubby even offered cookies and milk (which he eats some times for a dessert).  She ate 2 or 3 bites.  :/  She keeps saying her tummy is full.

Quoting brittany208:

I am all for skipping a meal when kids are picky, but thats too long to go not eating anything. Doesnt she want ANYthing? fruit?  yogurt?

• JTE11
    by JTE11
    April 5, 2013 at 1:16 PM

You're welcome. I just hope it helps get some nourishment into her. :)

Quoting rHOPEb:

I haven't thought of freezing the smoothies to make popsicles. Thanks!!!!

Quoting JTE11:

I don't know if this will help but when my DD is ill we make smoothies (out of some combination of  fruits, juice, yogurt, milk) and then make popsicles out of them. I blend fruit, yogurt and even some cereal in a blender and then freeze them. She  loves popsicles so will usually eat them even if she's pretty sick. You could freeze in some pediasure or the Carnation to give them more nutritional value. Just a suggestion to maybe get you over this hump, the dizziness and dark circles are worrying.  I hope she gets over this quickly. Good luck :)

• ladyhekuba
    April 5, 2013 at 11:27 PM

My nephew was acting like this right before we found out he has diabetes. He is only 5. So if she continues to act this way I would take her to the doctor and have her sugar checked

• Basherte
    April 6, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Awwwwwww 

I didn't know that an inner ear infection could do that. Awwww

I hope everything goes well and your little one gets better really soon.

Toddlers & Preschoolers

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts