Toddlers & Preschoolers

Featured Posts
busymomof2518
He annous me to the point.....
February 24, 2013 at 6:06 PM

My 4yr old son has been very winny. He is also at that stage of always talking and asking questions; Plus he loves to be a "broken record" which drives me CRAZY for he'll just say mom over and over. Even after I answer him.
I get to the point where I want to run away...I some times just want to smack him (which I have and never would do).

Replies

• Gweneveer
    February 24, 2013 at 7:47 PM
    I understand. Kids can be overwhelming at points. It gets better :)
  • .Angelica.
    February 24, 2013 at 7:56 PM
    My son has been at that for almost 3 years.
  • Foleygirl24
    February 24, 2013 at 8:30 PM

When my son (3) started whining, my DH and I whined back. The whole day. We became the whiner family for 24 hours. By the end he was begging us to stop because we were annoying. Now he very rarely whines, and if he does we just do it back for a sentence or so and he snaps right out of it!

• PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    February 24, 2013 at 9:52 PM

My 4 year old is talking non-stop too.  Sometimes I just want her to back off.  I feel bad when I feel that way though.

• hollydaze1974
    February 24, 2013 at 10:10 PM
    When it would get to that point for me I'd abruptly turn get on his level and grin and and say " okay, I'm going to answer your question/ listen to you say that just one more time okay? Are you listening? Pro-mise?" And wait for a grin and total eye contact. If I heard it again, "eenh! Another topic please!"

The whining : I either told him ( more than once ) I didn't speak " whinese" and to pick a different tone, or I'd whine back which made him giggle and ask him whinily if it hurt his ears as bad as it did mine.

Good luck. It is so hard, it's some vocal tone a donkey teaches them!"
  • Jessica45
    February 24, 2013 at 10:13 PM
    I know all to well how you feel. My 4 year old DD drives bananas. From the minute she wakes up to the minute she goes to bed she talks and asks a million questions. Then she's constantly "mommy mommy mommy mommy" when I say what I get one of 2 responses, "I forgot" or "I love you". Lol
  • busymomof2518
    February 25, 2013 at 3:18 PM

For me it's once I get his attention he either tells me I don't know or just say's mommy again.

• muchlovedby4
    February 25, 2013 at 4:05 PM
    I'm sorry momma. Just rest assured, you aren't alone. I'm going thru that with my 2 and a half year old DD. And i have a 1 month old son, so i'll be going thru it again as well.

I can completely sympathize.

Hang in there. :)
  • busymomof2518
    February 26, 2013 at 3:32 PM

My youngest is 10 months and he has picked up on what big brother does. So some days they both drive me crazy.

Toddlers & Preschoolers

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN