Toddlers & Preschoolers

Featured Posts
lilpanda
Begining School
February 7, 2013 at 11:36 PM

My DS will be 3 in April and will be starting school in August.  It's a speech delay class as my son is very delayed in this one area and I have been told he has aprexia of speech.  I know this preschool setting and extra speech therapy will do wonders for him... and I have a few months to prepare... and though I don't think anyone else can really see how I feel... I hate that he is going.  It's 4 days a week, 4 hours a day.  I just hate that he is growing up.... he will offically not be my baby anymore!  *tear*

sad

Replies

• mrsniebo
    February 7, 2013 at 11:44 PM

It's tough seeing them grow up, but I'm sure it'll be good for him. I'd love to put DD in preschool this fall, since she is a motivated learner, says she'd like to go to school when she sees it in books or on TV, and I'd love to have some one-on-one time with my baby that is due next month. I'm worried she'll miss the age cut-off by less than 3 weeks, since she has a mid-September birthday.

• mypbandj
    Jen
    February 8, 2013 at 1:06 AM
    My son is going to be 3 in May. He goes to the preschool this month for his evaluation to see if he will qualify for next yr or not. I k ow he's just going to cry the whole time. Not sure how they will evaluate him while he's crying
  • JCKitten87
    Kat
    February 8, 2013 at 1:15 AM
    I know exactly how you feel. My daughter starts kindergarten in the fall. And this is her second year in early intervention preschool, but she is still my baby :)
  • mama.samm.2.3
    February 8, 2013 at 1:31 AM
    My two oldest start kindergarten in August. So I know how you feel. My youngest will be 2 in April. It is deffinantly hard to see them grow up. But it will be good for him. And just know he will always be your baby! :)
  • weaveress
    February 8, 2013 at 2:11 AM

I signed my little one up for preschool yesterday. It made me sad too. She'll only be gone 3 hrs, 2 days a week. She is my last baby though. 

• BramblePatch
    February 8, 2013 at 9:11 AM
    I homeschool....but its crazy seeing them grow up so fast.
  • Iamme-Imamom
    February 8, 2013 at 6:24 PM
    I'm right there. My son turned 4 in January. I have been doing preschool homeschooling foe him. He is reserved around kids & people he doesn't know. So I've been told by 2 people already he needs to go, but I know he's going to be a basket case if or when he goes. I will cry right with him. Lol He's my only one. It's hard. Good luck mamas!
  • Iamme-Imamom
    February 8, 2013 at 6:25 PM
    For not foe. Typing from my phone. Lol
  • Lily0118
    February 8, 2013 at 9:16 PM

Agreed! My 4 yr old is super timid & shy outside our home so we enrolled her in full time preschool at 2 1/2. It has done wonders for her comfort level around others & she loves it! The first couple weeks were especially tough because she would cry when I dropped her off. After a quick hug, word of encouragement & good bye, it was  amazing to hear her cry stop immediately when I walked out of the room. It's a tough adjustment but inevitable for all of us! I work with kids with special needs & intervention is SO critical, the earlier & more frequent the better. Good luck! 

• debramommyof4
    February 9, 2013 at 7:26 PM

We are homeschooling this year.  Next year if my son who is turning 4 next week will stop pooping his pants I am going to let him go to preschool and see how that works for him. 

My oldest will probably never go back to a normal classroom and will probably stay home.  She just turned 7 and would rather be incharge of her own learning and I can give her lots of control and she is motivated.  She was a horror in a classroom.

My secound dd who just turned 6 has tried homeschool and preschool and wants to go back.  So we are going to try regular school next year for her.

My son will probably be great in a class but he has to decide he wants too. I may put him in anyway and see if that helps him start pooping in the potty.

My baby is turning 3 in April so she will still be home next year but will probably try preschool also the next year.

I like to see where they are going to be the most comfortable and happy place for them to learn at thier best.  I am dreading next year though because two of mine will probably attend school and I dont like them being away from me, but it is for thier best so I will do it and make them think I am excited and happy for them.

Toddlers & Preschoolers

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN