Toddlers & Preschoolers

Featured Posts
mama.samm.2.3
Would you allow your child(ren) to....
February 5, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Play with a schoolmate whose parents are gay? I ask because today at preschool a little girl (Whom we will call Sally) that my girls play with almost everyday told them that she can't play with them anymore. Because Sally's mother told her that I'm a lesbian and I date women. (Which yes I am and I do. But I don't feel that is any of this other mothers concern!) My girls know I date women. My twins remember my ex. I explained to them early on that some people have a mommy and a daddy. While others have 2 mommys or 2 daddys. And sometimes kids only have a mommy or a daddy. But all that matters is that the child is loved and cared for. My girls were seriously hurt that Sallys mom told her that she can't play with them because of something that I honestly feel is totally out of my control! So ladies would you allow your child(ren) to play with someone whose parents are gay?

Replies

• do11face
    February 5, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Of course!

But I'm not a bigoted asshole.
    Unfortunately, there are a lot of those out there.

• OliviaW.
    February 5, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Of course!

White, black, yellow purple, straight or gay what does it matter? 

• AdryF
    by AdryF
    February 5, 2013 at 9:00 PM
    Uh, yeah. :/ That poor girl ( I meant the girl whose mom won't let her play) is gonna grow up confused on what is right or wrong. Her mom just sounds ignorant. I have no idea why I thought that made sense the first time around. SORRY!!!!!! (what is more disturbing is that people liked it. O.o)
  • Nichole0403
    February 5, 2013 at 9:01 PM
    Straight or gay, it doesn't matter as long as I got to know them first.
  • amyrebecca1853
    February 5, 2013 at 9:01 PM
    It wouldn't bother me at all! People are really horrible sometimes.
  • MedicMommy2
    February 5, 2013 at 9:02 PM

Sexual orientation is not something I screen my kids friends parents for. I go for are they safe, observant, caring, warm, welcoming, fun, relaxed. My kids know about differences because my bio mom is lesbian and they call her grandma and her gf auntie anne.

• jamesmommy32404
    February 5, 2013 at 9:03 PM
    i have no problem with it...
  • AutymsMommy
    February 5, 2013 at 9:04 PM

Sure they could (play with your kids)... assuming I know you, they could play at your house. If I don't know you, they can play at the playground, lol.

• momto1ryen
    February 5, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Yes I would without a doubt and that just shows me how much further we have to go in this world and how ignorance is still alive and well. Shame on that mother for teacher her children not to love not matter what the age, race, gender or sexual partner. People tick me off and if I ever had it happen in front of me I would 100% stand up for what's right the same way dh and I are teaching our children to do. I'm so sorry you and your child have to deal with the ill educated and ignorance of some people in this world.

• Luvmy2babies22
    February 5, 2013 at 9:27 PM

Absolutely!  I will never raise my kids to judge anyone.  My only criteria for my kids' friends' parents is that they aren't crazy!  That woman wouldn't fit my bill :  She is a total biznatch.  I feel sorry for her kids being raised by such a narrow minded person.  I'm sorry that your kids have been exposed to such ignorance at such a young age.

Toddlers & Preschoolers

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts