Toddlers & Preschoolers

Featured Posts
Cafe Kelly
Valentine's Day Fun Challenge Day 2: Valentine Treats
February 5, 2013 at 11:57 AM

It's time to have your kids help you in the kitchen! Today's activity is Valentine rice krispies treats! This is an easy and inexpensive treat that is great for preschool parties or just a fun treat at home. Your toddlers and preschoolers will have so much fun helping make these! My kids helped measure the ingredients, cut out the heart shapes, and decorate with sprinkles!

INGREDIENTS:

• 3 tablespoons of butter
  • 1 package (10 oz) regular marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
  • 6 cups crisped rice cereal (aka Rice Krispies)
  • Candy melts or white chocolate chips
  • Food coloring, if desired
  • Sprinkles

DIRECTIONS:

1. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
  2. Mix in the crisped rice cereal. Stir until well coated.
  3. Spread the mixture using a buttered spatula or waxed paper evenly into an 11Ă—17-inch rimmed baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Cut the treats into heart shapes with a 2- 3-inch cookie cutter.
  4. Melt the candy melts or white chocolate chips according the package directions. Stir in a few drops of food coloring, if you’d like. Dip the edges of the treats into the candy and decorate with sprinkles. Allow the candy to cool and set before serving.
  5. Best if served the same day.

Do your kids ever help out in the kitchen? What are your favorite things to make with your kids?

If you missed yesterday's activity you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Valentine's Day Fun Challenge yet, you can do so here.

Replies

• PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    February 5, 2013 at 12:04 PM

My daughter is almost 4 and she LOVES to help in the kitchen.  She will help with anything that I am making.  She loves to help with dinner the most.

• godsgirl26
    February 5, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Yes,my kids are always helping in the kitchen. Those treats are really cute i will be making those thanks so much. Pretty much anything i make they love to help even my son :)

• MamaBear2cubs
    February 5, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Those are really cute.I've been wanting to try rice crispies with them!!!

• MamaDearie
    February 5, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Those are so cute! I will have to get the ingredients and have the little ones help me make them. They love to help. Especially when it comes to mixing things (we have a special mixing song - lol).

• babygomez
    February 5, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Yum!

Yes, my daughter likes to help mix and pour for baking, and wash dishes. :)

• Ruthzaad
    February 5, 2013 at 12:09 PM
    I love making those, but my girls love using the pink marshmallows. They are strawberry flavored but the kids will eat them quickly.
  • huntersmama711
    Those are adorable! Ds and I are baking cookies with my future in laws tomorrow so this would be a cute project for all the kids to do together.
  • rockabillybetty
    Oooh!! Making some tonight!!!
  • SassyLeigh
    February 5, 2013 at 12:11 PM
    Yummy!!
  • RobynS
    by RobynS
    February 5, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Fun! My kids both love to help in the kitchen. :)

Toddlers & Preschoolers

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts