Toddlers & Preschoolers

Featured Posts
Garnet_Iris11
It's been nearly 2 months ...
February 4, 2013 at 4:09 PM

I posted in December about when Riley took a nasty fall and hit her head on the coffee table. It has been nearly 2 months since it has happened, and it still feels like it was yesterday!! She's gotten a little better about not running through the house, but still has her moments.

The same night the sterri strips were removed and she was allowed to shower again (a week after the injury), she had swelling and then bruising, pictured below. It was horrible. I cried and cried.The plstic surgeon that took care of her in the ER wasn't worried, said that she must have bumped it at some point and if it continued to worsen to bring her in. Which it didn't, within a few days the bruise started to ligthen.

Now, her scar is looking better but she still has a bit of a bruise on her eyelid. I'm not sure if I should still be worried about it or not. She had her 2 year check up this past Friday and the nurse and pedi didn't mention being worried about it. So I guess, I shouldn't. LOL

12-21-12

1-04-13

1-04-13

Replies

• gigis1
    by gigis1
    February 4, 2013 at 4:18 PM

it just kinda looks like the scar darkened.. it doesnt seem like a bruise, you should maybe just take her in and ask if it's still bruised or if it'll go away or what can you do to help it =/

• blueeyes2000
    February 4, 2013 at 4:38 PM
    I would go in and get it looked it. It will make you feel better.

Toddlers & Preschoolers

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN