Toddlers & Preschoolers

Featured Posts
olliesmommy2
Crayon out of couch?
February 2, 2013 at 2:52 PM
My son scribbled brown crayon on our brown couch. The crayon is noticeably lighter brown. I scrubbed it with a sponge with residue soap from dishes, not much, but some. And it's still there. It is washable, or so the box says! Ideas? It's cloth fabric.

Replies

• RobynS
    by RobynS
    February 2, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Crayons are sorta greasy, so maybe try some Dawn dishwashing soap. Good luck!!

• sophiesmom07
    February 2, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Found this, hope it works! 

Upholstery

1. If the crayon is soft, freeze it by applying an ice cube wrapped in a small plastic bag, and then scrape off the excess crayon.

2. Using a clean white cloth, sponge the stain with a dry-cleaning solvent.

3. Blot until the solvent is absorbed.

4. Repeat Steps 2 and 3 until the stain disappears.

• beadingmom17
    February 2, 2013 at 3:51 PM
    If you have an iron and old rag, place the rag ontop and iron over it...it should melt the crayon and stick to the rag.
  • PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    February 2, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Sorry I don't know, but here is a bump.

• MammaPaparazza
    February 2, 2013 at 11:54 PM
    Brown paper bag over it, iron
  • OliviaW.
    February 2, 2013 at 11:56 PM
    I know rubbing alcohol removes pen from cloth & greasy art crayons from painted walls.
  • angel_2008
    February 3, 2013 at 3:47 AM

You can try..I part dawn and 2 parts peroxide..mix in a spray bottle..spray the crayon and let sit a a bit then wipe..I had some stains on one of my blouses..most likely grease stains..i tried Shout and all those stain removers. none of them worked..but the mixture took the stains right out..I sprayed it on the stains and then washed my blouse..I was amazed..Maybe you should try it somewhere on your couch, to see the reaction first. 

Good luck

• angel_2008
    February 3, 2013 at 3:48 AM

You can try..I part dawn and 2 parts peroxide..mix in a spray bottle..spray the crayon and let sit a a bit then wipe..I had some stains on one of my blouses..most likely grease stains..i tried Shout and all those stain removers. none of them worked..but the mixture took the stains right out..I sprayed it on the stains and then washed my blouse..I was amazed..Maybe you should try it somewhere on your couch, to see the reaction first. 

Good luck

Toddlers & Preschoolers

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN