Toddlers & Preschoolers

Featured Posts
akrall83
cradle cap
February 1, 2013 at 3:23 PM
I think my 2 year old has it. I didn't think kids still got it this old though, so I'm worried it may be something more serious. I'm going to try head & shoulders to see if that helps. If not then I'm thinking it might be plaque psoriasis. Does anyone else still deal with cradle cap at 2 or older?

Replies

• .Angelica.
    February 1, 2013 at 4:04 PM

I recently tried their multipurpose baby ointment for diaper rash and it worked so well. I'm excited to try the shampoo. lol

Quoting akrall83:

I love burt's bees products. Their lip balm is great. I haven't tried their shampoo though.

Quoting .Angelica.:

my son still had a spot of cradle cap at 4. switching to a better shampoo helped. I'm going to try the burts bees shampoo next.

• nerdymom28
    February 1, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Yeah, it totally grossed me out too. My first child never had it, so I was like WTF IS THIS?!?! lol my doc recommended the head and shoulders and it works like a charm. We still wash her hair with it at every bath and we've never had a problem with burning or irritation. :)

Quoting akrall83:

That's good, I'm hoping this will be the same kind of situation. I know it looks worse than it us, but it grosses me out. It's super thick this time too. Thanks for the reply :)

Quoting nerdymom28:

No, but my newborn had REALLY bad cradle cap. I used head and shoulders on her for a couple weeks and it cleared right up.

• collinsmommy0
    February 1, 2013 at 7:52 PM
    DS got it when we went on vacation & used some crappy shampoo.

From looking it up online, it's pretty common for toddlers & preschoolers to get. A lot of websites said to use a conditioner, olive oil, or coconut oil & leave it in for a few minutes then rinse, then use a toddler hairbrush to try to get some out while the hair was wet. It also said wash less often (1-2 times a week).

I used my Pantene conditioner 2x in one week on DSs hair & brushed it with a toddler brush with a little pressure & it cleared right up!
  • sophiesmom07
    February 1, 2013 at 9:16 PM

Not sure, but I when my kids were little I used olive oil or vaseline to get rid of it.

• Basherte
    February 2, 2013 at 7:35 AM

I like the Aveeno brand of stuff. That works really well, and is a little more gentle to the body. < In my opinion.

I don't know if they make a shampoo, but if they don't they should. Seriously. They make a diaper rash cream, and lotions. I've used both.. the lotion and the diaper rash cream. I've used a few different kinds of lotion that they put out, and love them all.

olive oil would work as well.  Although, your child will smell like an italian dish. <Giggles

• Mama-Doe
    February 2, 2013 at 9:58 AM

My daughter had it past age two. She is now three and I don't see it anymore. I would kind of scrub her scalp when I washed her hair but otherwise it's not really anything to worry about.

• We12
    by We12
    February 2, 2013 at 10:55 AM
    I used Mustela baby shampoo. It worked wonders! Can be expensive, but well worth it. I got it from Amazon, but they also carry it at Target and babies r us.

Toddlers & Preschoolers

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN