Toddlers & Preschoolers

Featured Posts
Kelsie.Davison
RSV
February 1, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Welp in the hospital with my youngest (22 mos) he has RSV and an ear infection. been in here since wednesday, Im going stir crazy. So is Lane. He still cant keep hos oxygen saturation up so we will be here another 24-48 hours... :( he has finally been fever free since last night.

Replies

• emkirkley
    February 1, 2013 at 12:24 PM

sorry, we were never admitted for it, thought my youngest two have both had it.  Ipad and apps, dvds, someone go to the dollar store and get some little toys to pick out of a sack as a prize for being so good in the hospital?

• RobynS
    by RobynS
    February 1, 2013 at 2:35 PM

Oh no! :( Sending good vibes to you and your LO.

• akrall83
    February 1, 2013 at 3:20 PM
    I've been there with both my boys. Oldest got it at 11 months, #2 got it at 9 weeks. Was your son a preemie? He should turn the corner soon. Hang in there momma.
  • .Angelica.
    February 1, 2013 at 3:40 PM

:( Hope he gets well soon so you guys can go home.

• corrinacs
    February 1, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Awww, poor thing.  Are they going to give you a nebulizer?  At least to rent for a while?  The trouble with RSV, especially in ones so little, is that the effects can last A LONG TIME>  When Leo had it, the doctor at the ER said it coudl last over a year :(.

Good luck and I hope he feels better!  I've been there before and its scary as crap!

• VAGal25
    by VAGal25
    February 1, 2013 at 7:42 PM
    Aww I'm so sorry. DD had it at 11 months and just turned 2 and had it last week again. Never done hospital time with it though. Hope it passes soon! So hard to watch them not be able to breathe well.
  • neslonturf
    February 1, 2013 at 7:50 PM

I have a kid with crappy lungs. He's been hospitalized 3 times. Horrible stir craziness!! Once they are out of immediate danger, that becomes the worst part! Sleeping is so uncomfortable, and every time the O2 goes too low, it beeps...so you're listening for the beep all night. The nurses come in to take vitals. There's no one to talk to. My advice...have a friend bring you a Diet Coke...or favorite beverage. Hopefully a friend that doesn't have young kids (you don't want to spread it). Thankfully my hubby could switch off with me at night...or come and keep me company after the kids were asleep. He would put the other kids down for bed, and then get a sitter for a couple of hours. Another thing...after your hospitalized kid is alseep...go to the drink machine, or just a walk outside the room for a few minutes. Good luck! 

• mamamedic69
    February 1, 2013 at 8:19 PM
    Good luck and prayers that he gets out soon. My DS was admitted for about 2 weeks for that when he was 2 months old. It's scary stuff. Hugs mama!
  • jasonadamvowell
    February 7, 2013 at 11:49 PM
    My oldest got it at 2 months, they kept telling me he was fine just crupe, the day they tested him for rsv that came back negative I had to rush him to the hospital because he was turning blue, then he was hospitalized for a week with.... Rsv
  • Proudmommy697
    February 7, 2013 at 11:59 PM

i a m sorry that your 22 month is okgiving dad card

Toddlers & Preschoolers

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts