Toddlers & Preschoolers

Featured Posts
SarahSuzyQ
It's coming...
February 1, 2013 at 9:34 AM

...Kindergarten!

I just finished filling out the first registration forms and scheduling my son's kindergarten screening... It will be here before I know it! I hope we're all ready for this. He's our only child and it's going to be a big change for everyone!

school bus

Replies

• SarahSuzyQ
    February 3, 2013 at 9:27 PM
    This really depends on the preschool and the child. There was a little girl who was still potty training in my son's 3yo class last year, and it's a quality preschool program. I'd check with the schools in your area.

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

I guess you'd say she's day trained. She sometimes has accidents when she naps but that's it.

Quoting aeg1991:

If you have a preschool in mind that accepts three year olds, I would start screening now! I took my daughter when she was a month away from being three, and she passed with flying colors! Keep in mind that most preschools like kids to be fully potty trained by the time they start preschool. Good luck!

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

My dd will be 3 on the 19th and starts preschool in Sept. Do you ladies think its too early for me to go register her? This is all very new to me...

• aeg1991
    by aeg1991
    February 3, 2013 at 9:28 PM
    Yeah, same with my daughter. Usually nap accidents are fine with preschools. If you have the E.E.E or HeadStart program in your area, I would recommend it highly! It is federally funded and is usually only two or three days a week for the morning or afternoon. My stepson learned a lot from it and it helped him to learn basic kindergarten skills.

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

I guess you'd say she's day trained. She sometimes has accidents when she naps but that's it.

Quoting aeg1991:

If you have a preschool in mind that accepts three year olds, I would start screening now! I took my daughter when she was a month away from being three, and she passed with flying colors! Keep in mind that most preschools like kids to be fully potty trained by the time they start preschool. Good luck!

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

My dd will be 3 on the 19th and starts preschool in Sept. Do you ladies think its too early for me to go register her? This is all very new to me...

• SarahSuzyQ
    February 3, 2013 at 9:30 PM
    The cutoff date by which kids must turn 5 in order to enter kindergarten varies really widely by state, but it's usually between August-December. That wouldn't affect your daughter, you'd want her to start the fall after she turns 5. :-)

Quoting jendawgrox2004:

This is a dumb question that I could probably just google, but I'm on here. So, when do kids start kindergarden and do you have to register this early for the next school year when you do register them? My daughter turns 3 in April, so I just want to know. 

• MrsWhite101610
    February 3, 2013 at 9:31 PM
    We have headstart and I'm going to get her application probably this week. Here they have days (9-12), afternoon (12-3/4...not sure which) and full day Monday-Fridays. They said which ever opening they have she'll be put in. She wants to go all day, she used to cry when she seen a bus or school because she wanted to go.

Quoting aeg1991:

Yeah, same with my daughter. Usually nap accidents are fine with preschools. If you have the E.E.E or HeadStart program in your area, I would recommend it highly! It is federally funded and is usually only two or three days a week for the morning or afternoon. My stepson learned a lot from it and it helped him to learn basic kindergarten skills.

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

Quoting aeg1991:

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

Toddlers & Preschoolers

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN