Toddlers & Preschoolers

Featured Posts
jaci8104
clotheless toddler!
February 1, 2013 at 2:08 AM
so My 2 year old son has the habit of undressing himself on a daily basis and runs around the house butt naked no diaper no nothing! I dont know why he does it but its starting to annoy me hes even done it at the store! Can any moms relate? Is this just a terrible twos thing? : /

Replies

• DanicaMarie08
    February 1, 2013 at 2:15 AM

HAHA! I can completely relate. My son was ALWAYS either running Naked or in a diaper. He hated clothes, it was always a fight to get those clothes on!!

It is pretty frustrating. But I know plenty of babies that have done that, its just a stage. Just dont give negative attention to it and keep working on it and putting the clothes back on him. He'll get frustrated but he will get tired of taking his clothes off

• MixedCooke
    February 1, 2013 at 2:17 AM

my 2.5 yr old girl does that but mostly when she is going to bed.  Her daddy sleeps naked so I chalk it up to him!  LOL  Try pull ups or putting the diaper on backwards.  it is a bit more difficult for them to figure out right away.  Maybe pants/shorts with actual buttons rather than the elastic waist band. 

• ejsmom4604
    February 1, 2013 at 8:24 AM

That is very common and normal at that age. Their inhabitions have grown in yet so to speak, so they don't understand that big deal about it. It's more of a learned thing (that being naked especially in public is not ok). Stay calm, and especially when you are out, try stopping her as she starts and tell her that when we are not at home, she must stay dressed. 

As for at home, if she isn't potty trained yet, then let her run around naked, but tell her she MUST use the potty. If your home has a bit of a chill, then just explain she needs something on so she doesn't get sick. Your daughter is not strange or anything, just being a normal 2 yr old. 

• mommyof11050307
    February 1, 2013 at 8:27 AM
    Yup backwards diaper with tape, backwards pjs or inside out pjs and then a onesie on the outside of their clothes. My kids would have been fine if I let them be naked all the time.
  • mommybellygirl
    February 1, 2013 at 9:12 AM

My daughter did that all the time! NOw that shes three its not as common but still happens. i try not to make a big deal out of it, i just remind her to put clothes on and teach her that in public you HAVE to wear clothes. if you give a lot of negative attention they will just do it more. be cool.

• Luvmy2babies22
    February 1, 2013 at 10:38 AM
    Do the clothes seem to "hurt" him or irritate him? This can sometimes be a sign of sensory issues. Not necessarily needing OT or anything but maybe certain fabrics rub him wrong or a tag or something. My kids never undressed but I know its pretty common. My bff's mom always talks about what a nudest my friend was as a toddler. Shes 34 now and keeps her clothes on ;)
  • emkirkley
    February 1, 2013 at 10:44 AM

My oldest stripped naked when she came in from school and rarely wore clothing unless we were going out of the house on the weekends from about 2-4, I laid down the law at that point, she could change into night clothes or something that she thought was more comfortable that her school clothes, but she had to have clothes on. 

Its just a phase for most kids...my brothers kids have all gone through it as well.  My youngest is 22months but hasn't entered this phase yet.

My 3.5 year old has sensory issues, she hates socks, underwear, turtle necks, sweaters of all sort, mittens/gloves, anything "itchy" (which could mean tons of things with her--she must try on all clothing i buy before I buy to see if she'll be remotely willing to wear it), she will not under any circumstances wear denim, and she would rather flip flops or crocs to any other shoes.

• Mdmooch
    by Mdmooch
    February 1, 2013 at 10:50 AM

My little guy takes all his clothes off and runs around too. I think it is just a toddler thing.  My cousin used to take all of her clothes off and go outside and swing on the swing.  Funny thing is, her kids did the same thing when they were toddlers.  I think they think it is funny.

• PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    February 1, 2013 at 10:56 AM

I wouldn't even consider that "terrible" lol.  It's just a normal stage most toddlers go through.

• Mommy1022526
    February 1, 2013 at 10:07 PM

My son has been doing that since the day he figured out how to get out his diaper. At first this bothered me because we very often had people over and he started running around naked. And not to mention the time he did the same thing at the Dominicks and we were asked to leave. But afetr a while I came to live with it and I never let him out f the basket in the store and I use suspenders or a toddler onsie around the house.

Toddlers & Preschoolers

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts