Toddlers & Preschoolers

Featured Posts
bekalynne440
4 slim jeans?!?!
January 30, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Apparently little boys clothes start at size 4, but little boys slims start at a 5!  DS's pants are now flood pants.  I took him to the store, and apparently he needs a 4 slim.  They are the only ones that don't swallow up his little legs and they fit perfect in length.  The waist on the pants I got him is adjustable and I had to make them a little smaller, so a regular just isn't going to work. 

I found ONE pair of pants for him.  I've been told Levi makes 4 slim, but the only Levi 4 slim I can find online are $35+.  I'm not spending that much on a (almost) 4 year old.  Does anyone know where I might find some more reasonably priced pants that fit him well?

Replies

• Basherte
    January 31, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Hence the reason I said what I did. Now in orange.

Quoting bekalynne440:

If I were to buy some that were longer they would be huge in the waist. He can still wear a 2t in the waist but they are too short. He needs a 4 for the right length though.

Quoting Basherte:

I never buy so that they fit him lengthwise. I always roll them up or hem them for my son. 

I would be buying new clothes for my son every month or every other month if I bought them so they fit his length. He grows so fast right now. My son just turned 4.

I go to walmart and buy the jeans that have the elastic band through the waist and have buttons. That makes them slim enough for him without looking bad.

• Ferrari
    by Ferrari
    January 31, 2013 at 2:36 PM
    I've had the best luck with The Children's Place and Target. My oldest is the same way. I actually may have a pair or 2 of slims in size 4. He's outgrown 4 and is just about out of 5. My second is fitting 4 but slims are a Tad bit too small in the waist lol
  • bekalynne440
    January 31, 2013 at 2:45 PM
    I've tried multiple kinds, including those. With how thin he is, the only kind that work for both length and waist and look decent are 4 slim with adjustable waste. I can't even get 4 slim carpenter. They are just too big around his legs and it looks funny on him.

Quoting Basherte:

Hence the reason I said what I did. Now in orange.

Quoting bekalynne440:

If I were to buy some that were longer they would be huge in the waist. He can still wear a 2t in the waist but they are too short. He needs a 4 for the right length though.

Quoting Basherte:

I never buy so that they fit him lengthwise. I always roll them up or hem them for my son. 

I would be buying new clothes for my son every month or every other month if I bought them so they fit his length. He grows so fast right now. My son just turned 4.

I go to walmart and buy the jeans that have the elastic band through the waist and have buttons. That makes them slim enough for him without looking bad.

• PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    January 31, 2013 at 2:46 PM

I have issues with my son and pants too. :(

• marscella
    February 1, 2013 at 5:40 AM
    The ONLY jeans I can get for sweet child o mine r Levi's. He's super tall any other jean won't fit his waist and length. I know they r a lil more pricey BUT Levi's hold up so so much better than any other jean especially for rough and tough little boys an some girls ;)

I ususlly find the best price at SEARS. Its the only place I can buy them and they have a sale on them. Usually I can get them anywhere between $21.00- $26.00. Still a lot I know but they are great jeans. My only peeve with Levi's is there is so so many different levis.... U got ur 501, 516, 505, UGH. I just had t try very style on him to see what fit the best. ,)

Toddlers & Preschoolers

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN