Toddlers & Preschoolers

bekalynne440
4 slim jeans?!?!
January 30, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Apparently little boys clothes start at size 4, but little boys slims start at a 5!  DS's pants are now flood pants.  I took him to the store, and apparently he needs a 4 slim.  They are the only ones that don't swallow up his little legs and they fit perfect in length.  The waist on the pants I got him is adjustable and I had to make them a little smaller, so a regular just isn't going to work. 

I found ONE pair of pants for him.  I've been told Levi makes 4 slim, but the only Levi 4 slim I can find online are $35+.  I'm not spending that much on a (almost) 4 year old.  Does anyone know where I might find some more reasonably priced pants that fit him well?

Replies

• Basherte
    January 31, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Hence the reason I said what I did. Now in orange.

Quoting bekalynne440:

If I were to buy some that were longer they would be huge in the waist. He can still wear a 2t in the waist but they are too short. He needs a 4 for the right length though.

Quoting Basherte:

I never buy so that they fit him lengthwise. I always roll them up or hem them for my son. 

I would be buying new clothes for my son every month or every other month if I bought them so they fit his length. He grows so fast right now. My son just turned 4.

I go to walmart and buy the jeans that have the elastic band through the waist and have buttons. That makes them slim enough for him without looking bad.

• Ferrari
    by Ferrari
    January 31, 2013 at 2:36 PM
    I've had the best luck with The Children's Place and Target. My oldest is the same way. I actually may have a pair or 2 of slims in size 4. He's outgrown 4 and is just about out of 5. My second is fitting 4 but slims are a Tad bit too small in the waist lol
  • bekalynne440
    January 31, 2013 at 2:45 PM
    I've tried multiple kinds, including those. With how thin he is, the only kind that work for both length and waist and look decent are 4 slim with adjustable waste. I can't even get 4 slim carpenter. They are just too big around his legs and it looks funny on him.

Quoting Basherte:

Hence the reason I said what I did. Now in orange.

Quoting bekalynne440:

If I were to buy some that were longer they would be huge in the waist. He can still wear a 2t in the waist but they are too short. He needs a 4 for the right length though.

Quoting Basherte:

I never buy so that they fit him lengthwise. I always roll them up or hem them for my son. 

I would be buying new clothes for my son every month or every other month if I bought them so they fit his length. He grows so fast right now. My son just turned 4.

I go to walmart and buy the jeans that have the elastic band through the waist and have buttons. That makes them slim enough for him without looking bad.

• PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    January 31, 2013 at 2:46 PM

I have issues with my son and pants too. :(

• marscella
    February 1, 2013 at 5:40 AM
    The ONLY jeans I can get for sweet child o mine r Levi's. He's super tall any other jean won't fit his waist and length. I know they r a lil more pricey BUT Levi's hold up so so much better than any other jean especially for rough and tough little boys an some girls ;)

I ususlly find the best price at SEARS. Its the only place I can buy them and they have a sale on them. Usually I can get them anywhere between $21.00- $26.00. Still a lot I know but they are great jeans. My only peeve with Levi's is there is so so many different levis.... U got ur 501, 516, 505, UGH. I just had t try very style on him to see what fit the best. ,)

Toddlers & Preschoolers