Toddlers & Preschoolers

Featured Posts
PEEK05
Did YOU get the chicken pox as a child?
by PEEK05
January 29, 2013 at 12:29 PM

I did not.  Neither myself or my brothers ever caught the chicken pox, even when exposed around to others who had it.

Replies

• WillVon
    by WillVon
    January 29, 2013 at 12:58 PM
    Yep. My hub and I got them good. My mom told me she rubbed me up against my brother who had them so we both can go thru having them at the same time
  • daughteroftruth
    January 29, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Yes I did.  

• Jemia
    by Jemia
    January 29, 2013 at 1:17 PM
    Yes
  • Gweneveer
    January 29, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Yes, I did.

• kjbugsmom1517
    January 29, 2013 at 7:22 PM
    Yep me and mybrothers all had it at the same time
  • Mrs.Bolin
    January 29, 2013 at 7:24 PM

yep, and it sucked alot. i was so miserable. And i have a couple scars from scratching. To bad the vaccine didnt exist then. Woulda been nice to have it. glad my kids have had it

• mrsniebo
    January 29, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Yes. I can't remember who caught it first, but I think either my sister or I brought it home from school. Pretty shortly, both of my sisters and I all had chickenpox. I'm sure my mom had fun dealing with 3 sick kids (ranging from almost 3 to 8 years) all at once :(

• rmgriffberg
    January 29, 2013 at 7:26 PM

you could be naturally immune. i got it twice. first time in kindergarden (it was a very mild case) then again in 2nd grade (got it good that time)

• corrinacs
    January 29, 2013 at 8:59 PM

I did not.  And when I was pregnant with Leo, apparently it was a problem.  I had to watch things closely.  If Caden got chicken pox and I contracted it, the doctors said it could very well lead to stillbirth :(.  That's one of the main groups chicken pox effects that we don't think about :(.  They didn't even give him the vaccine at the time because they were too afraid of that happening.

• mysweet1s
    January 29, 2013 at 9:01 PM

Yes, as a 12 year old.  My husband doesn't think he ever did (and his mom doesn't remember?)

Toddlers & Preschoolers

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN