Toddlers & Preschoolers

Featured Posts
PEEK05
Did YOU get the chicken pox as a child?
by PEEK05
January 29, 2013 at 12:29 PM

I did not.  Neither myself or my brothers ever caught the chicken pox, even when exposed around to others who had it.

Replies

• WillVon
    by WillVon
    January 29, 2013 at 12:58 PM
    Yep. My hub and I got them good. My mom told me she rubbed me up against my brother who had them so we both can go thru having them at the same time
  • daughteroftruth
    January 29, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Yes I did.  

• Jemia
    by Jemia
    January 29, 2013 at 1:17 PM
    Yes
  • Gweneveer
    January 29, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Yes, I did.

• kjbugsmom1517
    January 29, 2013 at 7:22 PM
    Yep me and mybrothers all had it at the same time
  • Mrs.Bolin
    January 29, 2013 at 7:24 PM

yep, and it sucked alot. i was so miserable. And i have a couple scars from scratching. To bad the vaccine didnt exist then. Woulda been nice to have it. glad my kids have had it

• mrsniebo
    January 29, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Yes. I can't remember who caught it first, but I think either my sister or I brought it home from school. Pretty shortly, both of my sisters and I all had chickenpox. I'm sure my mom had fun dealing with 3 sick kids (ranging from almost 3 to 8 years) all at once :(

• rmgriffberg
    January 29, 2013 at 7:26 PM

you could be naturally immune. i got it twice. first time in kindergarden (it was a very mild case) then again in 2nd grade (got it good that time)

• corrinacs
    January 29, 2013 at 8:59 PM

I did not.  And when I was pregnant with Leo, apparently it was a problem.  I had to watch things closely.  If Caden got chicken pox and I contracted it, the doctors said it could very well lead to stillbirth :(.  That's one of the main groups chicken pox effects that we don't think about :(.  They didn't even give him the vaccine at the time because they were too afraid of that happening.

• mysweet1s
    January 29, 2013 at 9:01 PM

Yes, as a 12 year old.  My husband doesn't think he ever did (and his mom doesn't remember?)

Toddlers & Preschoolers

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts