Toddlers & Preschoolers

Featured Posts
prettymomma1204
Guns in the home
January 20, 2013 at 4:29 PM

All I hear about on the news anymore is people's right to own a gun. I do not want one in my home but I am realizing how many homes my children visit do or will have one. 

Do you educate your children on guns found/discovered in your or a friends/relative's home when they visit?

Replies

• Mrs.Bolin
    January 20, 2013 at 4:37 PM

We have guns in our house all locked up. One hidden where my child cant get too. And i have been trained and  i know how to use it. We have alot of break-ins in my town. My husband works nights and isnt here. If someone comes into my house, im going to protect myself and my children and shoot that mofo

• Mrs.Bolin
    January 20, 2013 at 4:37 PM

And i agree with educating. Good thing to do

• prettymomma1204
    January 20, 2013 at 4:40 PM

We live in what I feel is a very safe community. I am more concerned about one going off by accident. Like kid's in the after school specials going "look at my Dad's gun. Isn't it cool?" and then it goes off. 

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

We have guns in our house all locked up. One hidden where my child cant get too. And i have been trained and  i know how to use it. We have alot of break-ins in my town. My husband works nights and isnt here. If someone comes into my house, im going to protect myself and my children and shoot that mofo

• jamesmommy32404
    January 20, 2013 at 4:41 PM
    We have guns also but my lo cannot get to them...we use them for security and for hunting...
  • Mrs.Bolin
    January 20, 2013 at 4:43 PM

i hear ya, agreed

Quoting prettymomma1204:

We live in what I feel is a very safe community. I am more concerned about one going off by accident. Like kid's in the after school specials going "look at my Dad's gun. Isn't it cool?" and then it goes off. 

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

• RheaF
    by RheaF
    January 20, 2013 at 4:47 PM
    We own a gun and my kids know what it is, what it is used for, and what it can do. We believe in educating our children about guns, so when and if they come across one, there is no mystery.
  • mommy2casidee
    January 20, 2013 at 4:48 PM
    We have guns and my girls are educated about them. We do no have toy guns or allow them to play with you guns. They know guns can kill.
  • tddncw2010
    January 20, 2013 at 4:49 PM

we have a gun in our house. It is in a safe in the top of the closet and even I can not reach it without standing on something. When our son is old enough he will learn gun safety. 

• michaelsmom25
    January 20, 2013 at 5:11 PM
    Crime happens everywhere. There is no such thing as a safe environment anymore. All we can do is be prepared

Quoting prettymomma1204:

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

• CowgirlMama0508
    January 20, 2013 at 5:14 PM
    There are 7 guns in my house. Put up where the kids can't get them, not loaded. My kids know gun safety and love shooting when we go out to the farm. My husband is gone 2 straight weeks a month, I dare someone to try and come into my house lol. But where we live, we leave doors unlocked, keys in the vehicles and hell we've left our garage doors wide open alot lol.

Toddlers & Preschoolers

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts