Toddlers & Preschoolers

Featured Posts
samie3711
What kind of food do your little ones eat ????????
January 20, 2013 at 2:19 AM

My son he is 22 months and he doesn't really eat meat he very rarely will eat it not any of it i have tried chicken, fish, red meat but nothing do you think even at his age he could be a vegetarian?

Replies

• squeakers2
    January 20, 2013 at 2:25 AM
    Neither my 6 yr old SS or my 3 yr old DD like red meat. They will eat chicken and fish all the time if we'd let them, but you have to fight to get them to eat red meat. As long as they are getting protein (meat, in general, and peanut butter provide protein, along with other things), I don't fret over it. I just recently got my SS to eat ham and you could have knocked me over with a feather when he asked me for a ham sandwich that first time.
  • sspaschal2427
    January 20, 2013 at 2:31 AM
    Try them with ketchup or bbq sauce... if he still doesn't like it try at a later time :)
  • Dcn2010
    by Dcn2010
    January 20, 2013 at 2:33 AM

My on is 24 months and I have a hard thine with beef. But he loves lamb lol. And he likes skirt steak when I make Asada tacos. Try different spices that you know he'll enjoy. Red meat is also tough to eat sometimes. Maybe when he eats it it upsets his stomach and he avoids it. 

At his age 2 eggs is the same as the daily amount of protein he needs so don't stress too much. There are other ways to fill the gaps =))

• Mommytorn
    January 20, 2013 at 2:37 AM
    My 17 month old isnt a huge meat eater..he'll eat it occasionally but mostly only when he feels like it..his pediatrician said its a phase kids usually grow out of between 2 and 4
  • samie3711
    January 20, 2013 at 2:38 AM

IF i give him any sause he just eats the sause

Quoting sspaschal2427:

Try them with ketchup or bbq sauce... if he still doesn't like it try at a later time :)

• jessi2girls
    January 20, 2013 at 2:39 AM

a lot of younger kids don't really like meat or are picky about it.. they grow out of it. 

I always have a rule at the table.. you have to try a bite out of eat thing on your plate (for example, if I made grilled chicken and alfredo noodles with broccoli they have to try a bite of chicken, a bite of the noodles, and a bite of the broccoli.. after that, I let them eat what they want to off of their plate.. )

even if they've had it before.. I have them try it again the next time it's served.. 

There are certain foods I try not to make a lot if I notice that it really is something they dislike (for example, I've tried countless times to get my oldest to eat carrots, but she really does hate them.. so I tend to make mixed veggies and leave the carrots off her plate.. my youngest loves them though, so she ends up with more of them! lol).

But the more it's introduced, the wider variety of foods they tend to like gets! (and most of them are healthier foods too :) )

• Mommytorn
    January 20, 2013 at 2:42 AM
    Quoting jessi2girls:

a lot of younger kids don't really like meat or are picky about it.. they grow out of it. 

I always have a rule at the table.. you have to try a bite out of eat thing on your plate (for example, if I made grilled chicken and alfredo noodles with broccoli they have to try a bite of chicken, a bite of the noodles, and a bite of the broccoli.. after that, I let them eat what they want to off of their plate.. )

even if they've had it before.. I have them try it again the next time it's served.. 

There are certain foods I try not to make a lot if I notice that it really is something they dislike (for example, I've tried countless times to get my oldest to eat carrots, but she really does hate them.. so I tend to make mixed veggies and leave the carrots off her plate.. my youngest loves them though, so she ends up with more of them! lol).

But the more it's introduced, the wider variety of foods they tend to like gets! (and most of them are healthier foods too :) )

Have you ever tried adding a little brown sugar and butter to the carrots while they're cooking? It's supposed to be really good! My hubby isn't a veggie person but he loves them cooked that way!
  • sspaschal2427
    January 20, 2013 at 2:43 AM
    Then I would dip the meat and put it in his mouth.. you need to control it.. my daughter was the same way with meats.... I
    even took a bite and said ooooh yummy! and I was just excited about it and it encouraged her... it wouldn't hurt to try.. every kid is different :)

Quoting samie3711:

IF i give him any sause he just eats the sause

Quoting sspaschal2427:

• jessica1078
    January 20, 2013 at 2:47 AM
    for my 35 month old chicken fish sometimes ground beef but he has a major issue with pork
  • jessi2girls
    January 20, 2013 at 2:48 AM

Quoting Mommytorn:

Quoting jessi2girls:

Have you ever tried adding a little brown sugar and butter to the carrots while they're cooking? It's supposed to be really good! My hubby isn't a veggie person but he loves them cooked that way!

yes, lol, still hates them.. once in a while I'll cook them down to a sauce with tomato/speghetti sauce, and i can sneak it in that way, lol.. but that's really about it! She loves nearly every other veggie she's had.. and loves her fruit too.. carrots she's hated since she first had them as a baby! lol.. But, like I said, her sister likes them.. so even if I do make a mixed veggie dish, and put carrots in it.. I can pick them out and give more to her sister.. and my oldest normally will just end up with more broccoli, lol (her fave veggie). 

Toddlers & Preschoolers

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN