Toddlers & Preschoolers

PEEK05
OT: Are YOU up-to-date on your vaccines?
by PEEK05
January 19, 2013 at 11:36 AM

I am not.  Honetsly I haven't been vaccinated for anything since I was a child.

Replies

• piwife
    by piwife
    January 19, 2013 at 11:41 AM
    I got the dtap when I had my baby in may
  • kjbugsmom1517
    January 19, 2013 at 11:43 AM
    Um no. I will need to get updated in the next year tho as i am in a medical assistant degree program and its required for clinicals.
  • PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    January 19, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Yep, when I get around to enrolling for the CNA course, I will have to get them even though I'm not a fan of vaccinating.  It's something I want to do though, so I'm willing to get it done to move on with my career because eventually I want to go above and beyond the CNA and eventually work in a hospital as a RN/IBCLC.  I will have to follow company guidelines but since I want that job, I'm going to have to deal.

Quoting kjbugsmom1517:

Um no. I will need to get updated in the next year tho as i am in a medical assistant degree program and its required for clinicals.

• kjbugsmom1517
    January 19, 2013 at 11:52 AM
    Yea i was less than impressed with that requirement lol. But its what ill have to do. Im pretty sure i havent had a vaccine since like 8th grade.

Quoting PEEK05:

Yep, when I get around to enrolling for the CNA course, I will have to get them even though I'm not a fan of vaccinating.  It's something I want to do though, so I'm willing to get it done to move on with my career because eventually I want to go above and beyond the CNA and eventually work in a hospital as a RN/IBCLC.  I will have to follow company guidelines but since I want that job, I'm going to have to deal.

Quoting kjbugsmom1517:

• mommaFruFru
    January 19, 2013 at 12:03 PM
    Yes I am
  • Nikaniko
    January 19, 2013 at 12:05 PM
    Yes.
  • mylilprincesses
    January 19, 2013 at 12:22 PM

no.. i don't vaccinate myself or my kids

• CheyennesMommy2
    January 19, 2013 at 1:07 PM
    Nope, my grandma had me most of my childhood/babyhood lol..and she did not want those chemicals in me. I had like two my mom had taken me...but idk what.

And I "had" to get my hep b for school for phlebotomy.

Wanna know something? I have a killer immune system :) so do my kids. The only time I get sick, is when im pregnant. I cant fight.much off due to poor nutrition, ect.

Dh is unvaxxed as well.
  • PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    January 19, 2013 at 1:08 PM

My husband is as well. My first was the only who was vaccinated until 2 until I looked into vaccinations and stopped them.

Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

Nope, my grandma had me most of my childhood/babyhood lol..and she did not want those chemicals in me. I had like two my mom had taken me...but idk what.

Wanna know something? I have a killer immune system :) so do my kids. The only time I get sick, is when im pregnant. I cant fight.much off due to poor nutrition, ect.

Dh is unvaxxed as well.

• CheyennesMommy2
    January 19, 2013 at 1:10 PM
    Mine was 6months when I stopped..i was young and uneducated, on more than just vaxxing. Carseats , bf vs ff...ugh. So glad I learned!

Quoting PEEK05:

My husband is as well. My first was the only who was vaccinated until 2 until I looked into vaccinations and stopped them.

Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

Dh is unvaxxed as well.

Toddlers & Preschoolers