Toddlers & Preschoolers

Featured Posts
corrinacs
Question: OT
January 17, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Hey guys,

You'd think with me moderating and all, I'd know everything there is to know about CafeMom.....but it isn't so LOL.

Anyway, there's a ton of you in here, so I am sure ONE of you knwos the answer to this question.

I was just placed on a special diet to help treat IBS.  I can manage eliminating foods, but the list she gave me was quite general and doesn't account for odd situations (like, can I have food cooked in bell peppers and jsut not eat the bell peppers LOL).

Anyway, is there a group here on CafeMom that's catered towards IBS or adult special dietary needs?  Would be nice to have a support group for that here, since I'm here all the time anyway!

Thanks!

Corrina

Replies

• Mipsy
    by Mipsy
    January 18, 2013 at 12:14 AM
    Hm, I'm sure there is! Have you tried searching IBS on cm?
  • mypbandj
    Jen
    January 18, 2013 at 12:16 AM
    The healthy moms group has a lot of knowledgable moms about diets and such. Check it out!
  • preacherskid
    January 18, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Healthy moms is the losest I could find too.  I have a coworker with severe IBS, I always feel so bad for her because she has other issues, and between her meds and the IBS it seems like she never gets a break- if the food is kind to her the meds are not :(

• corrinacs
    January 18, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Thank you, this helps a lot :)

Quoting mypbandj:

The healthy moms group has a lot of knowledgable moms about diets and such. Check it out!

• corrinacs
    January 18, 2013 at 10:52 AM

I did and it didn't come up with much.  But it also looks for the group name, you can't search by topic very well.

Quoting Mipsy:

Hm, I'm sure there is! Have you tried searching IBS on cm?

• DakotaHaley
    January 18, 2013 at 10:54 AM

I would think there would be. Try searching for it and if not you could always make a group as I'm sure your not alone in this.

• Duquesne
    January 18, 2013 at 10:57 AM
    Don't know but cutting out gluten has been shown to help ibs symptoms greatly.

Toddlers & Preschoolers

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN