Toddlers & Preschoolers

Featured Posts
VAGal25
Tricycle ?
by VAGal25
January 3, 2013 at 8:53 PM
DD is getting ready to turn 2 and we want to get her an outside toy to ride. We are torn between a traditional tricycle or one of those orange and yellow cozy coupe cars. Anyone think one is better?

Replies

• iansmommy9
    January 3, 2013 at 9:01 PM

Depends on how big she is and her skill level.  If she's short, can she reach the pedals of the tricycle? Can she pedal or learn to pedal easily? 

Both are winners. DS got the cozy coupe from Santa last year when he was 15 months. He was so funny. He jumped through the window Dukes of Hazard style LOL. He got a tricycle in September for his 2nd birthday. I was surprised he learned so quickly how to pedal and steer. He still loves both.

If you have a Toys R Us nearby, take her in and let her get on them both and see which you think works best for her.

• hollydaze1974
    January 3, 2013 at 9:03 PM
    We got our son a regular trike.
  • bebe_ju-rah
    January 3, 2013 at 9:05 PM
    Dd didn't figure out how to ride her tricycle (the pedaling was really tricky for her) until she was 3.5. I'd go with a cozy coupe unless you want to push her everywhere. :)
  • mypbandj
    Jen
    January 3, 2013 at 11:44 PM

My son has a cozy coupe and rarely uses it. Makes me sad b/c I had always wanted one for my kids and it took me till the 3rd kid to get one and he doesn't even care. LOL

Because she is so young, I would either get the cozy coupe - if you think she'd like it - but buy it from a garage sale or off craigs list.......then next year, get the tricycle. :)

OR if you want the tricycle, get one that has a push bar in the back...so you can push and steer it for her her until she is older and can really use it.

• calvinsmommy18
    January 4, 2013 at 12:13 AM
    Id do the tricycle. Ds had one just before his 2nd birthday and he got the hang of pedling right away
  • mamacornias
    January 4, 2013 at 12:18 AM

My son has been on a tricycle since 1 1/2  now three and switching to a bike with training wheels

• bhwrn1
    by bhwrn1
    January 4, 2013 at 5:37 AM

We have both. I like the bike better.  However, it is more work for us b/c he could not peddle at first and we had to push him (it has a handle for pushing). But my LO learned to peddle early, he's been riding a bike with training wheels since he's 2 1/2

Toddlers & Preschoolers

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts