Toddlers & Preschoolers

shesliketx
Toy Storage Help!
January 2, 2013 at 10:57 PM

I am having the hardest time getting toys organized from Christmas. Our boys "share" a room. It is very small at only 10X10. Our youngest sleeps in our room most of the time because our 3 year old has night terrors occasionally and wakes up his little brother.

That being said, it is toy overload in our house. I have those colorful storage bins and the rack from walmart, and that works okay, But I want something not so chaotic. As our 3 year old is getting older, we have some bigger toys (Car ramp thing, barns, etc) and while I dont mind toys in my living room, I would like to keep as many things as possible in his room.

What are things y'all do to keep toys stored in a neat manner?

Replies

• OBImomma
    January 2, 2013 at 11:01 PM

This is in our play room. I love it bc it fits bigger baskets.
  • OBImomma
    January 2, 2013 at 11:02 PM

That black thing hanging on the wall has hot wheels, wooden train tracks and balls in it. It is 3 different pieces.
  • OBImomma
    January 2, 2013 at 11:04 PM

We have the little cubby things and a toy box (we use it for dress up clothes). You could always get a toy box/window seat for your family room which would hide toys and provide seating
  • OBImomma
    January 2, 2013 at 11:05 PM

This is the other corner. I didn't want to leave it out
  • shesliketx
    January 2, 2013 at 11:09 PM

Quoting OBImomma:

We have the little cubby things and a toy box (we use it for dress up clothes). You could always get a toy box/window seat for your family room which would hide toys and provide seating

That is a great idea about the toy box thing! I have been thinking about it but havent gotten around to getting the solution for in here yet! lol I just need to get on it! :)

Thank you for all of your help! I guess its just hard because on one wall i have DS's crib that is converted to a toddler bed, on another big wall I have DS2's crib that he doesnt sleep in,  but I have hope that one day he will actually sleep in that room (ds2 is 18 months, so I will convert his bed to a toddler bed soon I think), and then I have the bin thing on another wall, and their dresser.

I feel like I can maximize the space better, but I just dont know how to do so. I am not a visual person so it is hard to figure it out! :)

• OBImomma
    January 2, 2013 at 11:12 PM
    I'm not very good at picturing things either. My fil built my ds a huge toy box/window seat for his first birthday. It's great and fits a ton of toys.

Quoting shesliketx:

Quoting OBImomma:

That is a great idea about the toy box thing! I have been thinking about it but havent gotten around to getting the solution for in here yet! lol I just need to get on it! :)

Thank you for all of your help! I guess its just hard because on one wall i have DS's crib that is converted to a toddler bed, on another big wall I have DS2's crib that he doesnt sleep in,  but I have hope that one day he will actually sleep in that room (ds2 is 18 months, so I will convert his bed to a toddler bed soon I think), and then I have the bin thing on another wall, and their dresser.

I feel like I can maximize the space better, but I just dont know how to do so. I am not a visual person so it is hard to figure it out! :)

• butterflycircle
    January 2, 2013 at 11:34 PM

I have a small box in the living room and a basket in the bed room. I want to just get a toy box for him lol. My duaghter has a toy box in her room and it is very helpful. Once we get thsi wall built dividing our sons room and our room (use to be 2 rooms but the ppl that lived her before us removed it) we will be getting a toy box. We will have a crib and a twin bed in a  room about the same size as you have your kiddies in too : ). I am already looking forward to the bunk beds we will have down the road lol. 

• Luvmy2babies22
    January 3, 2013 at 12:21 AM

We have a leather storage bench in our family room.  It's the kind where the lid flips over and can also be a table for people to put drinks.  It serves as extra seating, a table and toy storage all in 1!!

• Gweneveer
    January 3, 2013 at 8:48 AM

I use the bins also.  

My dd's also share a room.  Its not very big, and we have a space issue also.  

I keep all of her barbies and other small dolls in under the bed storage containers.  I try to keep as much organized under her bed as I can.  She also has built in shelves behind her doors which help immensely.  What about closet space?  Do they have another room in the house where they keep their toys?

• .Angelica.
    January 3, 2013 at 9:55 AM

i use bins in my sons room. now looking for something for dd's room.

Toddlers & Preschoolers