Toddlers & Preschoolers

Featured Posts
shesliketx
Toy Storage Help!
January 2, 2013 at 10:57 PM

I am having the hardest time getting toys organized from Christmas. Our boys "share" a room. It is very small at only 10X10. Our youngest sleeps in our room most of the time because our 3 year old has night terrors occasionally and wakes up his little brother.

That being said, it is toy overload in our house. I have those colorful storage bins and the rack from walmart, and that works okay, But I want something not so chaotic. As our 3 year old is getting older, we have some bigger toys (Car ramp thing, barns, etc) and while I dont mind toys in my living room, I would like to keep as many things as possible in his room.

What are things y'all do to keep toys stored in a neat manner?

Replies

• OBImomma
    January 2, 2013 at 11:01 PM

This is in our play room. I love it bc it fits bigger baskets.
  • OBImomma
    January 2, 2013 at 11:02 PM

That black thing hanging on the wall has hot wheels, wooden train tracks and balls in it. It is 3 different pieces.
  • OBImomma
    January 2, 2013 at 11:04 PM

We have the little cubby things and a toy box (we use it for dress up clothes). You could always get a toy box/window seat for your family room which would hide toys and provide seating
  • OBImomma
    January 2, 2013 at 11:05 PM

This is the other corner. I didn't want to leave it out
  • shesliketx
    January 2, 2013 at 11:09 PM

Quoting OBImomma:

We have the little cubby things and a toy box (we use it for dress up clothes). You could always get a toy box/window seat for your family room which would hide toys and provide seating

That is a great idea about the toy box thing! I have been thinking about it but havent gotten around to getting the solution for in here yet! lol I just need to get on it! :)

Thank you for all of your help! I guess its just hard because on one wall i have DS's crib that is converted to a toddler bed, on another big wall I have DS2's crib that he doesnt sleep in,  but I have hope that one day he will actually sleep in that room (ds2 is 18 months, so I will convert his bed to a toddler bed soon I think), and then I have the bin thing on another wall, and their dresser.

I feel like I can maximize the space better, but I just dont know how to do so. I am not a visual person so it is hard to figure it out! :)

• OBImomma
    January 2, 2013 at 11:12 PM
    I'm not very good at picturing things either. My fil built my ds a huge toy box/window seat for his first birthday. It's great and fits a ton of toys.

Quoting shesliketx:

Quoting OBImomma:

That is a great idea about the toy box thing! I have been thinking about it but havent gotten around to getting the solution for in here yet! lol I just need to get on it! :)

Thank you for all of your help! I guess its just hard because on one wall i have DS's crib that is converted to a toddler bed, on another big wall I have DS2's crib that he doesnt sleep in,  but I have hope that one day he will actually sleep in that room (ds2 is 18 months, so I will convert his bed to a toddler bed soon I think), and then I have the bin thing on another wall, and their dresser.

I feel like I can maximize the space better, but I just dont know how to do so. I am not a visual person so it is hard to figure it out! :)

• butterflycircle
    January 2, 2013 at 11:34 PM

I have a small box in the living room and a basket in the bed room. I want to just get a toy box for him lol. My duaghter has a toy box in her room and it is very helpful. Once we get thsi wall built dividing our sons room and our room (use to be 2 rooms but the ppl that lived her before us removed it) we will be getting a toy box. We will have a crib and a twin bed in a  room about the same size as you have your kiddies in too : ). I am already looking forward to the bunk beds we will have down the road lol. 

• Luvmy2babies22
    January 3, 2013 at 12:21 AM

We have a leather storage bench in our family room.  It's the kind where the lid flips over and can also be a table for people to put drinks.  It serves as extra seating, a table and toy storage all in 1!!

• Gweneveer
    January 3, 2013 at 8:48 AM

I use the bins also.  

My dd's also share a room.  Its not very big, and we have a space issue also.  

I keep all of her barbies and other small dolls in under the bed storage containers.  I try to keep as much organized under her bed as I can.  She also has built in shelves behind her doors which help immensely.  What about closet space?  Do they have another room in the house where they keep their toys?

• .Angelica.
    January 3, 2013 at 9:55 AM

i use bins in my sons room. now looking for something for dd's room.

Toddlers & Preschoolers

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN