Toddlers & Preschoolers

Featured Posts
mommaFruFru
wow! little girls are SO different!
January 2, 2013 at 7:56 AM
Or atleast the 4 I've been watching are! My boys are no angles, but Sheesh! These girls won't listen AT ALL! And I've got them for 2 whole days! Help!
I need ideas on what to do with them!. They have lots of toys in the boys room, but they just wanna bug me l
They are 6, 5, 3 and 2. And my boys are 6, 4 and 1 we can't get too loud since df sleeps till atleast 2pm for work.

Replies

• erinmomofone
    January 2, 2013 at 8:06 AM
    Lots of crafts.....noodle art, drawing, painting.

My daughter is not like that must be those girls lol.
  • momma1708
    January 2, 2013 at 8:10 AM

I know the feeling! I have a boy and a girl. Sometimes my neighbor will start knocking on my door asking me to watch her kids. They are always up my butt or doing things that they have been told not to. The first time I watched them, they kept bugging my cats and they don't like to be bugged. The oldest one (had him since before I started Kindergarden) gave her a warning meow to stop. I told her she needed to stop because she was going to get sratched. Sure enough, she didn't stop and he got her. He didn't get her hard but knicked her with one of his claws. She didn't even bleed or cry, but of course she made a big about it to her mom. Thank goodness her mom didn't fall for it. 

Anyways, my daughter is a little princess. It is all her way or the high way, not that it happens like that, but its a pain. Time outs don't work for her, I have to take away her baby doll before she does anything. 

Were they not sent with toys? They aren't going to be super into boys toys probably. 

• mommaFruFru
    January 2, 2013 at 8:11 AM
    We have crayons and books.

I had to take all the crafts from their room because the 5yo dumped them all over the floor the 2nd day they were here :/

Quoting erinmomofone:

• mommaFruFru
    January 2, 2013 at 8:14 AM
    Nope. So far this will be the 5th day I've watched 2 of them, and 2 others are my nieces.
    We have games and crafts, but I had to take them all away because they wereis using them :/

Quoting momma1708:

I know the feeling! I have a boy and a girl. Sometimes my neighbor will start knocking on my door asking me to watch her kids. They are always up my butt or doing things that they have been told not to. The first time I watched them, they kept bugging my cats and they don't like to be bugged. The oldest one (had him since before I started Kindergarden) gave her a warning meow to stop. I told her she needed to stop because she was going to get sratched. Sure enough, she didn't stop and he got her. He didn't get her hard but knicked her with one of his claws. She didn't even bleed or cry, but of course she made a big about it to her mom. Thank goodness her mom didn't fall for it. 

Anyways, my daughter is a little princess. It is all her way or the high way, not that it happens like that, but its a pain. Time outs don't work for her, I have to take away her baby doll before she does anything. 

Were they not sent with toys? They aren't going to be super into boys toys probably. 

• erinmomofone
    January 2, 2013 at 8:15 AM
    Wow my daughter is so calm she just turned 5 wouldn't make a mess like that. I don't know maybe something like making a play, or dancing, or idk

Quoting mommaFruFru:

I had to take all the crafts from their room because the 5yo dumped them all over the floor the 2nd day they were here :/

Quoting erinmomofone:

• audreesmama
    January 2, 2013 at 8:16 AM
    Same here. Mine is 4 1/2 and doesn't act like those girls. You need to establish ground rules and punishments first OP.

Quoting erinmomofone:

Wow my daughter is so calm she just turned 5 wouldn't make a mess like that. I don't know maybe something like making a play, or dancing, or idk

Quoting mommaFruFru:

Quoting erinmomofone:

• momma1708
    January 2, 2013 at 8:20 AM

What is the weather like where you are at? I was about to say just send them outside to run around but it is warm here in Fl and not everyone lives here. Even if it is snowing, could you take them outside and build snowmen or go sledding or something? What about a dance party? My kids and I will sometimes turn on music and dance around the house. That wears them out for a little while. 

Quoting mommaFruFru:

Nope. So far this will be the 5th day I've watched 2 of them, and 2 others are my nieces.
    We have games and crafts, but I had to take them all away because they wereis using them :/

Quoting momma1708:

• Proud-mama-05
    January 2, 2013 at 8:24 AM
    It's not just because "they're girls" it's because that's how their parents allow them to behave. I have 3 boys and a girl and I don't think ones behavior is different because of gender it's because of personality. But the outright not listening is a parenting difference issue bot a gender difference issue.
  • TheMommaJessie
    January 2, 2013 at 8:50 AM

try tv a variety of shows or movies to entertain them for a bit with the older ones try coloring books. you could even let the older girls help you cook breakfast, lunch, supper, snacks ect. Also have them help you get the younger ones to take a nap.

• MamaBear2cubs
    January 2, 2013 at 8:51 AM

Do you have a yard or playground you can take them too to run off some energy?

Toddlers & Preschoolers

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts