Toddlers & Preschoolers

Featured Posts
JennaPBug
my son may have Anosmia
December 10, 2012 at 11:36 AM

I'm not sure if this is normal or not. I never really gave it much thought till we recently started potty training. He has absolutely no reaction to horrible smells around him. If he does have Anosmia then that would explain why he's always loved really spicy foods, his sense of taste would be sorta dulled too.
Does your toddler react to things that smell bad?

Replies

• PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    December 10, 2012 at 11:39 AM

No they don't.

• momdays
    by momdays
    December 10, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Mine doesn't. He'll ask me what a smell is, but othere than that, there's no reaction. He likes spicy food too. I think because DH does, he'll eat (and does eat) anything DH does.

• corrinacs
    December 10, 2012 at 12:03 PM

I would speak to the doctgor about it.  Hopefully its just something simple.  My GF has that and doesn't smell anythign LOL.

• blissfulmama80
    December 10, 2012 at 12:58 PM

I don't think until a certain age kids can really identify that they are smelling anything that is bad/good or otherwise.  My 4 year old will now say something stinks or smells soooo good... but I don't think my 2 year old has ever said anything about a smell (and my 4yo was the same way until maybe the last 6-12 months).  I mean, I can be changing my 2 yo stinky diaper and she's completely oblivious to the fact that she's stinking the house up.  LOL  If it worries you, you can ask about it... but I guess I wouldn't be too concerned if I were you.  

• JennaPBug
    December 10, 2012 at 2:38 PM

thanks everyone. he's perfectly fine other than the lack of smelling so I'm gonna try and not get all worked up over nothing.

• Poisongirl98
    December 10, 2012 at 10:01 PM
    Yes, my 3 year old does say something smells bad and can identify smells, and has been able to for about 6 months. He has a sensitive sense of smell like DH, and is sensitive to spicy foods, like kinda freaks out. Strangely, DH seems under-sensitive to spicy foods.
  • jaydensmom1726
    December 10, 2012 at 10:08 PM

my dh cant smell anything unless it is wicked stinky.and my son i dont know  if he can smell or not cuz he cant tell me 

• babowes
    by babowes
    December 10, 2012 at 10:11 PM
    Hmmm.....I hope you figure it out. Good luck.

Toddlers & Preschoolers

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN