Toddlers & Preschoolers

Featured Posts
Cafe Kelly
Crafts for the Holidays Challenge Day 7: Santa Mask!
December 18, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Today's Santa mask craft is a lot of fun to make and also it's also fun to play with once it's finished! Your kids can play Santa with the mask and it even makes a fun photo prop on Christmas Day!

Materials needed:
Glue
Cotton Balls
Paper
Optional supply- paper plate

We started making our mask by cutting out the center of a paper plate. If you don't have a paper plate you can use a white piece of paper. We used a red piece of construction paper to make Santa's hat and then glued it to the paper plate. Then my son glued cotton balls to make Santa's beard, the fur trim on his hat, and the pom pom at the end of his hat.

Do you take your kids to get their picture taken with Santa each year? Have you gone yet this year?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it hereIf you haven't signed up for the Crafts for the Holidays Challenge yet, you can do so here.

Replies

• Lizzys_mommy13
    December 18, 2012 at 1:28 PM

This looks like something DD would enjoy! We have the materials too. May do this for our crafts today!
    We go to see Santa every year. DD loves him! We went to Bass Pro Shops this year. 

• countrygirlkat
    December 18, 2012 at 1:28 PM

That is such a fun craft! My oldest two who are 7 and 5 got their picture taken with Santa already this year but my 20 month old flat out refused to go near him so I didn't force him, lol. 

• cowgirls10181
    December 18, 2012 at 1:30 PM
    My dd brought home a santa mask with cotton balls, said it was fun to make. It looks she had fun making it.
  • brandhailey
    December 18, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Yes and no we are going Saturday

• WesternNYmom
    December 18, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Cute idea.  I took my kids to see santa at the mall.  I didn't have their picture taken as the mall was charging ridiculous prices for a single picture of the kids sitting on santa's lap.  I had dh take a pic of the kids on his cell phone from a distance.  The mall would not let us take our own pics from where I was standing.  Next year, I am taking my kids to see Santa at our local country store.  The line may be long, but at least you don't have to pay for pictures of the kids with Santa.  The store lets parents snap their own and they even allow you to video tape your child's visit with santa.  The mall is just about making money.

• MrsErdos2011
    December 18, 2012 at 1:46 PM

We went and got his pictures taken with santa a couple of weeks ago. Unforutnately we weren't able to last year

• myhandsomelove
    December 18, 2012 at 1:50 PM
    This looks like fun, we are doing it when the kids get home. No we haven't gone this year, but we did see him walking around wally last week. lol
  • steph21078
    December 18, 2012 at 1:52 PM

we go every year.  This year I only got 3 out of 4 boys in the pic.  My oldest was too embarassed because his friends were around.  He's 13

• lish2127
    December 18, 2012 at 2:04 PM

My dd will like making this. Yesterday she wore an elf mask all day.

My kids have seen Santa quite a few times at different events we go to...and we have tons of pics. No need to take them to the mall Santa and pay for those photos.

• tabby1979
    December 18, 2012 at 2:07 PM

It's a hit or miss thing...the kids dont always want to do a pic with santa....we did this year though.

Toddlers & Preschoolers

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts