Toddlers & Preschoolers

Featured Posts
Jwelder
Bedwetting
by Jwelder
December 9, 2012 at 8:59 PM

My 3 year old daughter is completely fine going to the potty during the day, but at night she pees the bed every time. We have even tried limiting her drinks before bedtime. Right now we have resorted to wearing pullups on her at night because she doesn't wake up after she does it either and we don't want her laying in her pee! Her matteress has a plastic cover on it, so I don't worry about that as much. Someone told me that wearing the pullups on her is encouraging it and as long as she is not making a big mess and making herself completely uncomfortable she will do it for as long as she can get away with it. That sounds a bit harsh to me, and I really don't see letting her sleep in her wet bed!

Who has dealt with this, and how did you deal with it?

Replies

• AlexSosa
    December 11, 2012 at 8:12 AM

I wet the bed at night until I was at least 7yr old. Im sure it is unusal, but I never woke when I had to pee. As long as you are doing what you are doing, limiting drinks and whatnot, you are doing all you can. I dont blame you for using pull-ups, it makes no sense to fight it, just make it as easy as possible.

• cryssi_renee
    December 11, 2012 at 8:16 AM

My DS is 4 he has been potty trained for 2 years and this is still something we deal with. We will get him up around midnight or 1 and take him to the potty. It seems to be working. 

• Jnc91
    by Jnc91
    December 11, 2012 at 8:16 AM
    Ds is 4 1/2 yrs and (even with attempting to limit drinks after a certain time... Sometimes he goes all day without drinking and at night he gets super thirsty so for now we gave up) he pees so much at night it goes through his pullup.
  • carterscutie85
    December 11, 2012 at 8:23 AM

I have a 3.5 year old and he occasionally wets the bed. Pullups are expensive so I just invested in some pee pads. Like the kind they use in the hospitals and nursing homes. Saves the sheets and saves me money too.

I'd say it's pretty normal at this age. I do keep a potty by his bed in case he wakes up in the middle of the night and can't make it to the restroom in time but he rarely uses it.

• Jadegirl1819
    December 11, 2012 at 8:30 AM

It's normal if it's an ongoing problem.  If she had been dry for awhile then suddenly started wetting the bed every night then you would need to worry.

• kim71504
    December 11, 2012 at 8:41 AM

My 8 year old still wets the bed.  He just doesn't wake up.  More people in my family were late bed wetters than not, including myself.  I still had accidents up until I hit puberty.  There are a lot of reasons why it might happen, but using a pull-up isn't one of them.  I remember being embarrassed and ashamed...it's not something that a kid is going to do on purpose unless there is a serious issue going on (abuse, trama, ect).

• Jess0915
    December 11, 2012 at 8:51 AM

My son wet the bed occasionally until he was 8. It was hard to manage because it wasn't all the time, so I didn't want to put him him pull ups every night. Luckily by that age he would wake up and learned to change his own sheets. I just kept all his sheets in his room so he could change them and not be embarrassed. He did grow out of it, the doctor said some kids do that, especially if they're hard sleepers. DS told me he always had the "bathroom dream". You know the one where you are in the bathroom, so you go! Haha. Poor guy. I just didn't bring too much attention to it so he wouldn't feel bad. He's now a perfectly healthy 16 year old and you'd never think he peed the bed till he was 8.

• LyTe684
    by LyTe684
    December 11, 2012 at 8:55 AM

Uh yeah.. Normal. She's only three. GoodNites are better than Pull-Ups, IMO.

• 3lilmonkeysxo
    December 11, 2012 at 8:57 AM

My 6 year old still wet the bed almost every night until he turned 5. now it only happens occassionaly (like once every few months)

• MrS.GiFFord
    December 11, 2012 at 9:02 AM

I wet the bed until I was 12 and my parents never used pull ups on me. I slept in my own pee and woke up in my own pee. It didn't bother me when I was sleeping. My son is a bed wetter...he is 5 years old. I put him in pull ups. My friend said something about a pill you can get from the doctor? I was going to look in to that...

Toddlers & Preschoolers

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN