Toddlers & Preschoolers

Featured Posts
Mom2Ava.Ayden
Take it back or give it to them?
December 3, 2012 at 11:10 PM
I bought my daughter who's 1 a disney princess LeapPad2 and my son who's 4 a green leap pad2. Too much? I don't know.

I want them to learn but should I have waited to get it for my daughter? I saw both of them on Black Friday and jumped without thinking it through.

Replies

• Luvmy2babies22
    December 3, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Personally I don't like them.  I used one at a friend's because we were considering it for my 3 1/2 year old and I didn't like it at all.  I prefer to just let them use our iPad or Kindle Fire with educational apps downloaded.  They are ours but they can use them with permission.   I also am not 100% on board with kids that age having such an expensive toy.  Your 1 year old is too young for it so it's just going to sit there and hopefully not get broken.  By the time she can use it, it'll be obsolete :)  Your 4 year old might like it.  I just wouldn't spend that much on a toy but that's just me.

• mommawhite08
    December 3, 2012 at 11:46 PM
    I would take bback the one you got for dd. She's way 2 young.
  • BramblePatch
    December 3, 2012 at 11:48 PM
    I think its too much for the 1 year old, to be honest. My 4 and 5 year olds are getting Innotabs 2's from Santa....and i think thats a good age for them.
  • StrawberryCool
    December 3, 2012 at 11:50 PM
    But Youll spend 500 on an iPad....

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

Personally I don't like them.  I used one at a friend's because we were considering it for my 3 1/2 year old and I didn't like it at all.  I prefer to just let them use our iPad or Kindle Fire with educational apps downloaded.  They are ours but they can use them with permission.   I also am not 100% on board with kids that age having such an expensive toy.  Your 1 year old is too young for it so it's just going to sit there and hopefully not get broken.  By the time she can use it, it'll be obsolete :)  Your 4 year old might like it.  I just wouldn't spend that much on a toy but that's just me.

• calvinsmommy18
    December 3, 2012 at 11:58 PM
    Take it back for the 1 yr old. She is way to young for it. It should be okay for the 4 yr old as long as he takes care of it.
  • la_bella_vita
    December 4, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Too much for the 1 year old in my opinion

• OBImomma
    December 4, 2012 at 12:03 AM
    I think it's too much for your dd.
  • Luvmy2babies22
    December 4, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Nope.  I wouldn't spend money on an iPad in a million years.  Someone gave that to us as a gift..

Quoting StrawberryCool:

But Youll spend 500 on an iPad....

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

• StrawberryCool
    December 4, 2012 at 12:21 AM
    Oh and by the way I did buy my dd the princess bundle leappad!

And I cant wait for Xmas to give it to her
  • Mom2Ava.Ayden
    December 4, 2012 at 12:42 AM
    Thanks ladies! Like I said I wasn't sure for her, but I have also never bought things like that for my kids at all before as well. Looks like I have a trip to make for the store.

Are there anything interactive out there for my daughter? On the lines of learning?

Toddlers & Preschoolers

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN