Toddlers & Preschoolers

Mom2Ava.Ayden
Take it back or give it to them?
December 3, 2012 at 11:10 PM
I bought my daughter who's 1 a disney princess LeapPad2 and my son who's 4 a green leap pad2. Too much? I don't know.

I want them to learn but should I have waited to get it for my daughter? I saw both of them on Black Friday and jumped without thinking it through.

Replies

• Luvmy2babies22
    December 3, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Personally I don't like them.  I used one at a friend's because we were considering it for my 3 1/2 year old and I didn't like it at all.  I prefer to just let them use our iPad or Kindle Fire with educational apps downloaded.  They are ours but they can use them with permission.   I also am not 100% on board with kids that age having such an expensive toy.  Your 1 year old is too young for it so it's just going to sit there and hopefully not get broken.  By the time she can use it, it'll be obsolete :)  Your 4 year old might like it.  I just wouldn't spend that much on a toy but that's just me.

• mommawhite08
    December 3, 2012 at 11:46 PM
    I would take bback the one you got for dd. She's way 2 young.
  • BramblePatch
    December 3, 2012 at 11:48 PM
    I think its too much for the 1 year old, to be honest. My 4 and 5 year olds are getting Innotabs 2's from Santa....and i think thats a good age for them.
  • StrawberryCool
    December 3, 2012 at 11:50 PM
    But Youll spend 500 on an iPad....

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

Personally I don't like them.  I used one at a friend's because we were considering it for my 3 1/2 year old and I didn't like it at all.  I prefer to just let them use our iPad or Kindle Fire with educational apps downloaded.  They are ours but they can use them with permission.   I also am not 100% on board with kids that age having such an expensive toy.  Your 1 year old is too young for it so it's just going to sit there and hopefully not get broken.  By the time she can use it, it'll be obsolete :)  Your 4 year old might like it.  I just wouldn't spend that much on a toy but that's just me.

• calvinsmommy18
    December 3, 2012 at 11:58 PM
    Take it back for the 1 yr old. She is way to young for it. It should be okay for the 4 yr old as long as he takes care of it.
  • la_bella_vita
    December 4, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Too much for the 1 year old in my opinion

• OBImomma
    December 4, 2012 at 12:03 AM
    I think it's too much for your dd.
  • Luvmy2babies22
    December 4, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Nope.  I wouldn't spend money on an iPad in a million years.  Someone gave that to us as a gift..

Quoting StrawberryCool:

But Youll spend 500 on an iPad....

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

• StrawberryCool
    December 4, 2012 at 12:21 AM
    Oh and by the way I did buy my dd the princess bundle leappad!

And I cant wait for Xmas to give it to her
  • Mom2Ava.Ayden
    December 4, 2012 at 12:42 AM
    Thanks ladies! Like I said I wasn't sure for her, but I have also never bought things like that for my kids at all before as well. Looks like I have a trip to make for the store.

Are there anything interactive out there for my daughter? On the lines of learning?

Toddlers & Preschoolers