Toddlers & Preschoolers

Featured Posts
brandhailey
My 2 year old wont sleep in her room
November 26, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Scarlett was doing so well she would sleep just fine in her room and now for some reason she will, only nap in there and then at night she wants to sleep in the living room with me. She will throw a fit and wont go to sleep if she is not next to me. Could someone please give me some advice I need some sleep she moves way to much and I also have a 3 months old and she wakes him up also. Any advice would really help

Replies

• corrinacs
    November 26, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Hey,

Ask her why she doesn't want to go to sleep in her own room. Sounds like there could be a fear of the dark or something of that nature.  This is about the time when thier imagination can sometimes get the better of them.

I wouldn't force her to immediatelyt sleep inthere, but gradually move her closer and closer to her room at night.  Perhaps let her fall asleep near you and then take her to her room.

If she is indeed scared, create a routine that allows you to comfort her.  Read to her, get her dressed and cleaned up, some extra cuddles.  Even a monster check if you need it.  Filling up her water (I mean, monster gun) squirter.

You will find something that works for you :).  I never let my children sleep with us ever :/.  My baby falls asleep in his own room now with no problems :).

• brandhailey
    November 26, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Thanks I will try some of these things

Quoting corrinacs:

Hey,

Ask her why she doesn't want to go to sleep in her own room. Sounds like there could be a fear of the dark or something of that nature.  This is about the time when thier imagination can sometimes get the better of them.

I wouldn't force her to immediatelyt sleep inthere, but gradually move her closer and closer to her room at night.  Perhaps let her fall asleep near you and then take her to her room.

If she is indeed scared, create a routine that allows you to comfort her.  Read to her, get her dressed and cleaned up, some extra cuddles.  Even a monster check if you need it.  Filling up her water (I mean, monster gun) squirter.

You will find something that works for you :).  I never let my children sleep with us ever :/.  My baby falls asleep in his own room now with no problems :).

• BlessingsMama
    November 26, 2012 at 2:43 PM
    It is more than likely just due to the new addition to the family. I would let her fall asleep and then move her to her room/bed. Be consistent with bed time routines. She may also be afraid of the dark if there isn't a lamp or night light in her room.
  • brandhailey
    November 26, 2012 at 2:46 PM

OK thanks for the advice I really appreciate it

• momof3jam
    November 26, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Put her in her bed. If it's a toddler bed, lay on the floor next to her until she falls asleep. The next night, lay a little TINY bit farther away. So on and so forth. Once you're close to the door, stay there for a few nights. Then out in the hallway, etc... It will be a pain, but sooo worth it in the end!

• PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    November 27, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Sorry I'm not sure.  My kids have never done this but here is a bump.

• hismommy2010
    November 27, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Is the temp of her room to cool or too warm at night? Is it too dark?

• Wendsdy
    by Wendsdy
    November 27, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Sorry, wish I could help. I have the same problem. I put my 2 1/2 year old to bed at night in his room. I fall asleep on the couch. Every single night he runs out to the living room and falls asleep on his bean bag chair. I've given up. I actually put the bean bag chair with his pillow pet and a blanket next to the couch for when he runs out in the middle of the night. I personally don't really care as long as he sleeps :) Good Luck!

• brandhailey
    November 27, 2012 at 12:43 PM

No her room feeld the same as the living room and she has a night light thats kinda bright

Quoting hismommy2010:

Is the temp of her room to cool or too warm at night? Is it too dark?

• CorpCityGrl
    November 27, 2012 at 2:24 PM

I could've written this myself!

DD was fine in her room up until a few months ago when she started on insisting she fall asleep in the livingroom.  We're at our wit's end because we have to wait for her to fall asleep and then carry her into her room and it's not a big deal, but it's not ideal.

Toddlers & Preschoolers

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN