Toddlers & Preschoolers

Featured Posts
erinmomofone
Getting your child to go to bed.
November 18, 2012 at 8:45 PM
Since moving, as well as my dd's (she's 4) father not being in our life my daughter has been having a tough time going to bed. Since we share a bed and room I usually go to bed with her but I am starting to think it's a bad idea. She doesn't sleep at night and wakes up early. I want to go back to putting her in bed alone but it's not going well. All suggestions would be fabulous. Thank you. 

Replies

• calvinsmommy18
    November 18, 2012 at 11:21 PM
    Bump. Idk. My kids have their own rooms and own beds. When we let ds sleep in our room its hard to get him back into the pattern of sleeping in his own room. Didn't have any problems with it until he was sick and was sleeping in our room a lot. Then he didn't want to sleep in his own room. Plus we moved him to a new bedroom about 4 months before his sister was born. That's also when he didn't want to sleep in his room.
  • ZakkarysMom
    November 18, 2012 at 11:26 PM
    I had that same problem before. But my son has his own bed and room. Does she have her own bed and room? If not just start putting her to bed alone. Tell her mommy will be going to bed later. If she gets up keep putting her back to bed. Dont say anything..just keep putting her in bed.
  • erinmomofone
    November 19, 2012 at 3:13 AM
    No she doesn't have her own bed or room. I wish she did I liked it but I can't really afford anything bigger. Thank you!

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

I had that same problem before. But my son has his own bed and room. Does she have her own bed and room? If not just start putting her to bed alone. Tell her mommy will be going to bed later. If she gets up keep putting her back to bed. Dont say anything..just keep putting her in bed.

• ONA7DAY
    by ONA7DAY
    November 19, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Can you give her the bedroom? Convert a space in living room for you with a room divider maybe....

• erinmomofone
    November 19, 2012 at 11:38 AM
    Um it's not enough space to put a bed in the living room. That's the only option.

Quoting ONA7DAY:

Can you give her the bedroom? Convert a space in living room for you with a room divider maybe....

• PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    November 19, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Sorry I'm not sure but here is a bump.

• erinmomofone
    November 19, 2012 at 12:03 PM
    Thank you.

Quoting PEEK05:

Sorry I'm not sure but here is a bump.

• il0vemyb0yz
    November 19, 2012 at 4:55 PM

i wish i could help my son is the same way but he has an emotional dependency from the trauma of his father leaving us forcing us to move out of state when he was about one (long story) we also share a room he has his own bed but always climbs in bed with us when we fall asleep. his doctor suggested just leaving him in the room to cry himself to sleep but im obviously not ok with that. it might the best option for a "normal" child though

• erinmomofone
    November 19, 2012 at 4:58 PM
    I can't do that to ky either, I know that she's still having a tough time.

Quoting il0vemyb0yz:

i wish i could help my son is the same way but he has an emotional dependency from the trauma of his father leaving us forcing us to move out of state when he was about one (long story) we also share a room he has his own bed but always climbs in bed with us when we fall asleep. his doctor suggested just leaving him in the room to cry himself to sleep but im obviously not ok with that. it might the best option for a "normal" child though

Toddlers & Preschoolers

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts