Toddlers & Preschoolers

Featured Posts
mariesmama
mommys make up
November 13, 2012 at 10:56 PM

my 3 yr old has discovered my make up, so i showed her  on myself where lipstick goes,and eyeshadow ect she wanted to wear it, which i know is perfectly normal, hubby flatout refused to let me put make up on her and i put it away which made her run screaming to her room so whos right???????????

Replies

• Ilaynasmommy
    November 13, 2012 at 11:08 PM
    I put basically nonexistent eyeshadow and chapstick on DD. Satisfies her. Now nails that wont work. He gave into it first.
  • Ilaynasmommy
    November 13, 2012 at 11:09 PM
    Why should he not have a say?

Quoting mrstonis:

Do it anyway and tell him to kiss off basically.

• ZakkarysMom
    November 13, 2012 at 11:09 PM
    I would put it on her. Nothing wrong with that. My son likes to put my powder on his cheeks. lol
  • AlwaysKISA
    November 13, 2012 at 11:11 PM
    Because it's a ridiculous say.
    Lol jk...sorta.
    But does he even have a reason??

Quoting Ilaynasmommy:

Why should he not have a say?

Quoting mrstonis:

Do it anyway and tell him to kiss off basically.

• Ilaynasmommy
    November 13, 2012 at 11:19 PM
    I'm assuming his is the same as my husband's. Little girls should not wear makeup because its for women. Just like we both are very peculiar about what clothes she wears and will do so more as she grows to become a teen. I commend any father who takes a stand with their children. Imo it is not to shut them down like their beliefs and values don't count.
  • calvinsmommy18
    November 13, 2012 at 11:29 PM
    I don't wear makeup so I def wouldn't let my dd "try on" makeup. I don't really want my dd growing up thinking she needs it to be considered pretty or beautiful.
  • Paperfishies
    November 13, 2012 at 11:31 PM
    My 9 year old has always played with makeup. She loves it. My husband has never had a problem with it. Tell him it's no different than her playing dress up
  • BramblePatch
    November 13, 2012 at 11:31 PM
    For the record, I do not believe little girls should wear make-up

Her father sas every right to have a say in his childs upbringing, so telling him to kiss off is not cool. You guys need to parent together and respect each other.
  • babygomez
    November 13, 2012 at 11:39 PM

You both need to be on the "same page" about the subject.

We (my SO & I), won't allow our daughter to wear my makeup until she is old enough to understand the beauty of it.

• JenieceMojica
    November 13, 2012 at 11:42 PM
    My daughters are 5 and 2 and they play with mine. Hubby thinks its cute. They put some on me and i put bright colors on them and when we are done we wash it all off. Nothing serious. Just fun time with mommy

Toddlers & Preschoolers

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts