Toddlers & Preschoolers

Featured Posts
Momma_panda90
story of the nanny and the two childrens lives she took
October 26, 2012 at 11:17 PM

i am seriously heart broken. after keeping up with the updates from the new york nanny that stabbed two children in her care to death. 

if you havent heard then the news states. the mother came home from taking her daughter to swim lessons when she searched for her children who were supposed to meet them at the pool. when she asked around everyone said they havent seem the nanny or the kids. she went back upstairs to find her two children 2 and 6 stabbed to death in their bath tub. nanny bleeding on the floor. the thing that got me the most was that the nanny began stabbing herself AS THE MOTHER WALKED INTO THE BATHROOM!! she lived and is in critical but stable condition.

i have never been one for nannies but have nothing against them. but this story makes any mother run home and hug their children.what would you have done? the mother was said to have screamed a scream so heart wrenching that more then one neighbor called 911. she was treated for trauma at the hospital. my heart goes out to her. i cant imagine how this is effecting her. they treating this woman as one of the family. even going as far as visiting her country of Dominican Republic. 

i had to talk to someone about this because it weighs heavy on my heart. no mother should have to go through this! 

Replies

• Gweneveer
    October 26, 2012 at 11:39 PM

I agree.  This is a HORRIBLE story.  I just cant seem to wrap my head around it.  

Id like some more info though....how long was she a nanny for this family?  Did they truly trust her, or was she just babysitting?  

I cant imagine the horror....how does one go on in life?  How does she explain this to her one remaining child?  How can she be there for her 3 yr old while grieving at the same time?  This poor poor family.  

I seriously hope this nanny lives.  And rots in jail.  Then burns in hell for all of eternity.  :(

• baby7810
    October 26, 2012 at 11:42 PM

I'm a nanny myself (and a mother) i can't imagine what that mother is going through. I would NEVER trust another person again. My heart goes out to the mom. and the nanny in my opinion shoukd get death. and i dont say that often.

• Momma_panda90
    October 26, 2012 at 11:55 PM

she was a nanny since the two year old was about to be born. so almost three years. and she was introduced to the family through mutual friends. 

they truely trusted her. they traveled to her country and met her family. spent nine days in the dominican republic. they looked at her as a family member. it is so tragic and heart breaking. it seemed like she wanted to die. she slit her wrists and then stabbed herself in the throat. i would have omg i cant even think about it

• Momma_panda90
    October 26, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Quoting baby7810:

I'm a nanny myself (and a mother) i can't imagine what that mother is going through. I would NEVER trust another person again. My heart goes out to the mom. and the nanny in my opinion shoukd get death. and i dont say that often.

i agree. a part of me would have wanted to finish her off. but thats terrible to think or say

• MockingJay
    October 27, 2012 at 12:14 AM

It is a horrible, unspeakable tragedy. This woman obviously lost her mind. I think it is important that people realize it is really not about this women being a nanny. People loose their minds, and more often than not, it is the childs parents who kill their own children. 

I was a nanny, in NYC, for many years. I took my own child with me to one of my jobs. I moved across the coutry, and it has been many years, but I am still in contact with many of my former families. My son and I, as well as he alone has traveled to stay with the family I worked for when he was little, and they have come here. They were treasured experiences for me, and we were mutually enriched by knowing one another. I knew many nannies who loved their "charges" more than one could ever imagine, and sometimes despite some very cruel treatment by parents. Sometimes, the children are treated far better by their nannies. 

It is a horrible thing. An unimaginable thing, but we need to remember, it is very rare thing. As one of the articles about this story, nannies often go above and beyond. They mentioned one nanny who threw her own body over the stroller when a building collapsed as she walked by. This sort of act is really unheard of.

There are sick people, mentally till people, and they come as parents, nannies, police officers, medical providers, taxi drivers, lawyers......anyone could loose their mind. 

• randomosityblog
    October 27, 2012 at 8:44 AM

I couldn't. Even. Imagine. I would probably have finished stabbing the nanny to death, to be honest.

• Dinimon
    by Dinimon
    October 27, 2012 at 8:46 AM
    I would just die.
    Literally...
  • junebutterfly
    October 27, 2012 at 8:48 AM
    If someone took my child's life I would lose it and kill that person!!!!
  • uriahadel
    October 27, 2012 at 8:49 AM
    That is exactly how old my kids are and when I read that last night, my heart broke for the mother, and I thought of my own children... I would've finished the nanny off and probably went insane... that is unimaginable what those babies, and what that mother had to go through
  • Greekmama21
    October 27, 2012 at 8:50 AM

Obviously I can't say what I would do because I've never been in that position. However, I can only imagine the rage and sorrow a mom would feel seeing her children like that. Probably finishing her off would give me ten minutes of rage relief but ultimately I would just want to hold my babies:( 

Quoting Momma_panda90:

Quoting baby7810:

i agree. a part of me would have wanted to finish her off. but thats terrible to think or say

Toddlers & Preschoolers

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts