Toddlers & Preschoolers

Featured Posts
jiffytiffy
Advice Needed: I have a 2year old that has peeing completed when...
October 13, 2012 at 2:17 PM

frustratedI have a 2year old that has peeing completed when it comes to the potty. But when it comes to bowel movements he will come tell me "boo boo" when he has already done it on himself... HELP!!!!

Replies

• Mommy2b2324
    October 13, 2012 at 2:19 PM
    He's not ready.
  • Ktina11
    by Ktina11
    October 13, 2012 at 2:20 PM
    He just isn't recognizing the signal yet. Keep trying...he will get it with more practice.
  • Luvmy2babies22
    October 13, 2012 at 2:57 PM

he's still young.  pooping can be difficult for some kids.  some kids feel as if a part of their body is falling away and it can be scary.  you just need to give him time.  try to notice his cues when he's starting and try to get him on the potty.  i bribed my son with baskin robbins.  he didn't care at first but once i started ignoring him, he did it all on his own and i rushed him to baskin robbins at like 11am!  he never had another accident after that.  be patient. 

• LuvMyBoy08
    October 13, 2012 at 2:59 PM
    Him at least telling you he pooped even in his diaper is a sign of moving forward. Don't push it, he's still young...he may not be 100% ready
  • Kathy489
    October 13, 2012 at 3:01 PM

It's a learning process, and it sounds like he is doing fine, especially at such a young age. Hang in there and keep it positive.

Toddlers & Preschoolers

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts