Toddlers & Preschoolers

Featured Posts
jbosworth
Plane Travel and Potty Training:
October 13, 2012 at 12:46 PM

My daughter and I will be traveling at Christmas time. We are currently working on potty training. I know that it is 2 months away and she may be much better than now. But do I put her in diapers while we are flying? I don't want her to get the wrong idea and revert back to all diapers. She is doing so good right now. Also, I will be 24 weeks pregnant and traveling by myself with her.

Any advice would be great. TIA

Replies

• calvinsmommy18
    October 13, 2012 at 1:46 PM

how long is the plane ride?

• PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    October 13, 2012 at 1:47 PM

My daughter was potty trained for two months before our flight.  We just took her potty before and after.  She did great.  Good luck!

• kattu
    by kattu
    October 13, 2012 at 1:48 PM
    Plane travel actually potty trained my daughter. I put her in panties and she did great. After that, she never wore diapers again.
  • bpryce
    by bpryce
    October 13, 2012 at 1:52 PM
    Putting her in a diaper for part of the day will not make her revert back. Especially if you treat the diaper as underwear, take her to the potty whenever you can. The diaper, or may i suggest pull up, will be on her as a back up. She might have to potty during a time where you are incapable of getting her to a potty. You know your child, and have a better understanding of what she wil or wont be capable of doing.
  • Luvmy2babies22
    October 13, 2012 at 1:54 PM

i wouldn't even think about it at this point.  2 months is an eternity at this age.  see where she's at the week before you leave.  if she's still having tons of accidents then you may want to be safe and protect her and the seat.  however, honestly, if she's not completely potty trained in the next 2 months, you have probably started too early and she wasn't quite ready anyway.  potty training a child who is truly ready should be pretty quick.  just a side note.

• jbosworth
    October 13, 2012 at 7:29 PM
    We are flying from lubbock, TX to Portland, OR. Each flight is 1.5 hrs. Which is about the same amount of time that she goes at school.

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

how long is the plane ride?

• jbosworth
    October 13, 2012 at 7:31 PM
    I think that is what I will do. I guess I just stress over it be amuse I will be flying alone without the hubby.

Quoting PEEK05:

My daughter was potty trained for two months before our flight.  We just took her potty before and after.  She did great.  Good luck!

Toddlers & Preschoolers

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts