Toddlers & Preschoolers

skymama10
potty
October 11, 2012 at 7:53 PM
To start my dd goes to daycare. She moved in to the 2 yr old room and wanted to go on the potty shortly after. Cool. After a couple false starts she just wasn't really ready yet. So we waited a couple weeks and she literally potty trained in 3 days. No accidents while she's up. What I wanna know is how we go about keeping dry at nap and bed time?

Replies

• CreziaMommyTo2
    October 11, 2012 at 7:55 PM

keep her in underwear. NO pull ups.. she will learn

• skymama10
    October 11, 2012 at 7:57 PM
    Even at bedtime? I was hoping to save the sheets. Lol. Well c'est la vie

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

keep her in underwear. NO pull ups.. she will learn

• som610
    by som610
    October 11, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Limit drinks within an hour of sleeping time and make her potty before bed.

I put a diaper on over the panties till they were dry when they woke up for a few weeks staight. Some people say "its just sheets"  but I chose not to wash sheet every day.. lol My kids did awesome at night though and were night potties trained within a few weeks of day time. 

• skymama10
    October 11, 2012 at 8:02 PM
    That is brilliant! Tbh even if she has a diaper on she tells you she has to go. This may work.

Quoting som610:

Limit drinks within an hour of sleeping time and make her potty before bed.

I put a diaper on over the panties till they were dry when they woke up for a few weeks staight. Some people say "its just sheets"  but I chose not to wash sheet every day.. lol My kids did awesome at night though and were night potties trained within a few weeks of day time. 

• Luvmy2babies22
    October 12, 2012 at 12:30 AM

you cannot keep her dry when she's sleeping.  you cannot night train a child.  staying dry while sleeping or waking up to pee is a matter of physical development.  it's a hormone that is released by the brain and you cannot influence that in any way shape or form.  it just is what it is.  some kids are able to do it first thing and parents mistakenly think they had a hand in that but they didn't.  keep her in pull-ups or a diaper for naps/bedtime until you notice she's regularly waking up dry.  once that happens, protect your sheets and hope for the best!  some kids can day train at 18 months and need sleeping help until they are in Kindergarten or older.  Again, it's just the way your child is made so try not to worry about things you have no control over.  She'll get there and your sheets will say THANK YOU!!!!

• skymama10
    October 12, 2012 at 12:56 AM
    Thank,you for that info. I am now prepared to just wait it out. I was so scared about potty training but she was a champ. a couple diapers a day is nbd.

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

you cannot keep her dry when she's sleeping.  you cannot night train a child.  staying dry while sleeping or waking up to pee is a matter of physical development.  it's a hormone that is released by the brain and you cannot influence that in any way shape or form.  it just is what it is.  some kids are able to do it first thing and parents mistakenly think they had a hand in that but they didn't.  keep her in pull-ups or a diaper for naps/bedtime until you notice she's regularly waking up dry.  once that happens, protect your sheets and hope for the best!  some kids can day train at 18 months and need sleeping help until they are in Kindergarten or older.  Again, it's just the way your child is made so try not to worry about things you have no control over.  She'll get there and your sheets will say THANK YOU!!!!

• Ktina11
    by Ktina11
    October 12, 2012 at 1:03 AM
    I agree with this! Ods was day/night trained fully by 2.5 but mds is day trained and still wears pullups at night at 4.5. He just won't wake up to go. Toilet training has been so different with him. Yds has just started and he is already showing signs of being different. It isn't something you can influence.

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

Toddlers & Preschoolers