Toddlers & Preschoolers

Featured Posts
zolanmel
Your four year old.
October 11, 2012 at 12:52 PM
Can you understand them? Do they know their colors? Can they count to 10? Can they run and jump? Do they have issues being alone? Do they sleep alone?

Is your child neuro typical or delayed?

Replies

• sweetone44_2004
    October 11, 2012 at 1:47 PM
    My dd learned her alphabet at 2, and also how to count to 10. She is now 3.5 and can count to 40 (some times she skips 16 lol) knows and recognizes her alphabet and colors and shapes. IMHO I think she is very advanced for her age.
    The only real issue I have is her not wanting to sleep alone. She sleeps between DH and I almost every night.
  • corrinacs
    October 11, 2012 at 1:50 PM

My son just turned 5 but I can answer most of these from memory.

Caden is not delayed in the least.....he's in the other direction.  I can undestand everything he said, knew his colors, count to 10, run and jump.  He's always slept in his own room.

But he does have issues of being alone.  He HAS to be with someone.  If I walk upstairs to put something away, he's up there with me.  Dn't know why, but that's the case.

• ALWsMomma
    October 11, 2012 at 1:51 PM
    I understand every thing he says. He knows most of his colors and can count to 10 +. He runs/jumps and is very active. He shares a room with his little sister and doesn't like to be alone but can be.
    He is a pretty average four year old
  • echupko
    by echupko
    October 11, 2012 at 1:52 PM
    My 3 year old can do all of the things you listed. But he is scared to go into a dark room alone. He can even ride a bike with no training shekels and write his name :-)
  • Luvmy2babies22
    October 11, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Well my DD is only 3 but the answer is yes, I understand her.  yes, she knows her colors.  yes, she can count to 10 and above.  she has known her letters visually since her 2nd birthday.  Yes, she runs and jumps and climbs and swings off things.  She's completely independent and social and has always slept alone.

• do11face
    October 11, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Well, my daughter is 3 1/2.

She is understood by me about 85% of the time. By strangers very little but she has a speech disorder.

She knows her colors, can count to ten, runs and jumps, is ok with being alone but is afraid of the dark, she sleeps alone in her room.

• Mipsy
    by Mipsy
    October 11, 2012 at 3:06 PM
    Ty knows his colors and can count to 27 now. I understand him the most out of everyone, he has apraxia of speech and auditory processing disorder so he can be hard to understand to the untrained ear. He's been in the special education program for the last yr and getting therapy for 2yrs now. He can run and jump but he's weak on his left sided so not as well as most. He still struggles with stairs though. Ty has no issues being alone and sleeps alone. he prefers sleeping alone than with us.
  • .Angelica.
    October 11, 2012 at 3:12 PM

My son is 5 now. his speech is still hard to understand when he is talking fast or being whiny. it's not that he doesn't know how to pronounce the words, it's just habit to say them wrong but we are slowly working on that. he's corrected a lot so far. he knows all colors and can count to 20-30 then gets confused after that. he is reading and spelling and doing simple math. he doesn't like being alone but will play in his room by himself. and he sleeps in his own bed in his room every night.

• LuvMyBoy08
    October 11, 2012 at 3:14 PM
    My 4 year old son knows his colors, shapes, alphabet, runs, plays, can count to 50. Most of the time I can understand him
  • babyblue21
    October 11, 2012 at 3:16 PM
    Dd is 4.5
    She can count to 29, Recognizes all letters and numbers, knows all her shapes and colors. She can run and jump, is learning how to skip. She's very understandable. She has no problem being alone but doesn't understand personal space. She has never been able to put herself to sleep and last night was the 4th time sleeping on her own through the night in the last 4yrs! She sleeps no more then 4hrs a day (we are working with a neurologist).
    She's not delayed but needs a bit of help getting her body to move a certain way (skipping for ex).
    Dd has asperger's.

Toddlers & Preschoolers

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts