Toddlers & Preschoolers

Featured Posts
THall03
Sleep DEPRIVED!!! HELP!!
by THall03
October 10, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Hey Moms,

I need some help, my daughter will be 2 soon and she is still waking up 4-5 times a night and I am soo sleepy, I not only have her but I have a 3 yo & and 9yo  ( Who get onthe bus as 630am for school) I have tried everything from Lavendar baths to warm milk to massages and it seems like NOTHING is working. do you ladies have ANY suggestions that could help her sleep through the night and get me some much needed SLEEP myself. It's like she doesn't require sleep! it's crazy how LITTLE she sleeps her naps are only 30-45 min where my 3 yo will sleep for 3-4 hours if I let him. HELP ME!!!

Replies

• Luvmy2babies22
    October 10, 2012 at 3:50 PM

what do you do when she wakes up?

• LuvMyBoy08
    October 10, 2012 at 3:52 PM
    Lavender essential oil works wonders on my 4 year old who has sleep issues. Just make sure to dilute it in a carrier oil like coconut oil. Let me know if you'd like more info.
  • mommy1394m
    October 10, 2012 at 4:00 PM
    Maybe try a snack before bed, she could be waking up hungry. Or talk to the doctor, my 2 year old wouldn't sleep either. Come to find out he has acid reflux so now he is on heartburn meds and sleeps all night.
  • PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    October 10, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Sorry I have no idea.  Here is a bump.

• Brandy85412
    October 10, 2012 at 8:02 PM

I would talk to your doctor maybe there is some other issues making her wake up.

My 2 year old sometimes wakes up once in the middle of the night still. Hoping she will out grow it. I just put her back in bed.

• .gumdrop.
    October 10, 2012 at 8:03 PM
    I would let her deal with it. She is going to throw a fit if she knows you will save her.
    Of course as long As you don't think its medical
  • itsm3
    by itsm3
    October 11, 2012 at 8:49 AM

is she on a schedule (eat and sleep)?  some kids need that stability; others are laid back and don't or fall into one on their own.  

my dd's sleep turned around once i put her on a schedule; it was as if her internal clock was out of whack and needed to be "reset".  i started putting her to sleep every day/night at the same time every day and fed her at the same time every day.  after a couple of weeks, everything fell into place and all was well with the world.  

when kids have predictable schedules, their bodies will learn to feel hungry and sleepy at those times but you must be consistent.

also, if you keep on going in there and rocking her  or whatever, she will always wake up.  it will become habitual so you must break the cycle.  

• THall03
    by THall03
    October 12, 2012 at 10:14 AM

I usually make her a bottle. But she hasn't had a bottle at night for 2 weeks and she still wakes up.

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

• THall03
    by THall03
    October 12, 2012 at 10:17 AM

I have just started a strict schedule the past couple of days, I am noticing the behavior with both of my babies are begining to get better, I also let her run around outside yesterday for little while and she only got up once last night, so I'm hoping scheduling her days will help her sleep through the night. My son is 3 and he is pretty laid back and goes with whatever, but I am noticing his behavior is getting MUCH better since I have kept them on a schedule.

Quoting itsm3:

is she on a schedule (eat and sleep)?  some kids need that stability; others are laid back and don't or fall into one on their own.  

my dd's sleep turned around once i put her on a schedule; it was as if her internal clock was out of whack and needed to be "reset".  i started putting her to sleep every day/night at the same time every day and fed her at the same time every day.  after a couple of weeks, everything fell into place and all was well with the world.  

when kids have predictable schedules, their bodies will learn to feel hungry and sleepy at those times but you must be consistent.

also, if you keep on going in there and rocking her  or whatever, she will always wake up.  it will become habitual so you must break the cycle.  

• sophiesmom07
    October 12, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Quoting THall03:

I usually make her a bottle. But she hasn't had a bottle at night for 2 weeks and she still wakes up.

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

Do not go back to giving her a bottle. She is still testing you.  Let her cry it out. 

Toddlers & Preschoolers

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts