Toddlers & Preschoolers

Featured Posts
PEEK05
When your LOs are napping, do you take a break or get things done?
by PEEK05
October 9, 2012 at 11:34 AM

I take a break.

Replies

• jasminesmom210
    October 9, 2012 at 11:35 AM
    Dd doesnt nap anymore hasnt for a while but when she did nap I did a little bit of both.
  • MamaJ8329
    October 9, 2012 at 11:36 AM

It all depends really. I have a 4 yo, so when the baby naps she is usually still awake. Sometimes I play with her, or get some work done, or take a break. LOL it really depends on what needs to be done right away, and what can possibly wait a bit :)

• Gweneveer
    October 9, 2012 at 11:36 AM
    Im like a lunatic trying to get everything done, haha.
  • bbyslynn
    October 9, 2012 at 11:37 AM
    Naps? Breaks? What are these magical things you speak of?! I'd like one of each please! :)
  • sophiesmom07
    October 9, 2012 at 11:38 AM

I wind up doing things around the house. I might sit towards the end and rest. 

• PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    October 9, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Hehe well my 3.5 year old doesn't take a nap anymore since she gets all of her sleep at night (12-13 hours), but my 17 month old still sleeps 1.5-3 hours during the day.  I take a break and let my daughter watch movies or she and I do an arts/crafts project in the kitchen.

Quoting bbyslynn:

Naps? Breaks? What are these magical things you speak of?! I'd like one of each please! :)

• kmencl3210
    October 9, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Both lol. Depends on the day... most times DS1 still takes 2 naps a day so for one nap when DS4 is here we do something together like a craft or whatever, the other nap I use to get somethings done/get a little alone time 

• do11face
    October 9, 2012 at 11:40 AM

I've never had the privilege of both of them napping.

They each quit napping at two years old and they are 2 1/2 year apart, so...yeah. : /

Although, before my first was born and my son still napped I would just relax most of the time. He was a very energetic baby.

• vrbtnseele
    October 9, 2012 at 11:40 AM
    I take a break. Watch a show or two, if her toys are everywhere i put them in a pile so its not so bad when my roommate gets home, but thats it. Shes in bed by 730 so i clean, and shower after shes down for the night.
  • PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    October 9, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Oh man that sucks.  I took away my daughter's nap after she turned 3 on purpose because it was starting to take her 45 minutes to an hour to fall asleep, so then my kids would be sleeping opposite times and I could never go anywhere or run any errands because it would take a span of 4-6 hours for their naps to be over since one would wake up way earlier than the other because he went to bed way earlier.  It was almost a year after my son was born.  She just sleeps 12-13 hours at night so she gets all of her sleep at once.

Quoting do11face:

I've never had the privilege of both of them napping.

They each quit napping at two years old and they are 2 1/2 year apart, so...yeah. : /

Toddlers & Preschoolers

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts