Toddlers & Preschoolers

Featured Posts
PEEK05
When your LOs are napping, do you take a break or get things done?
by PEEK05
October 9, 2012 at 11:34 AM

I take a break.

Replies

• jasminesmom210
    October 9, 2012 at 11:35 AM
    Dd doesnt nap anymore hasnt for a while but when she did nap I did a little bit of both.
  • MamaJ8329
    October 9, 2012 at 11:36 AM

It all depends really. I have a 4 yo, so when the baby naps she is usually still awake. Sometimes I play with her, or get some work done, or take a break. LOL it really depends on what needs to be done right away, and what can possibly wait a bit :)

• Gweneveer
    October 9, 2012 at 11:36 AM
    Im like a lunatic trying to get everything done, haha.
  • bbyslynn
    October 9, 2012 at 11:37 AM
    Naps? Breaks? What are these magical things you speak of?! I'd like one of each please! :)
  • sophiesmom07
    October 9, 2012 at 11:38 AM

I wind up doing things around the house. I might sit towards the end and rest. 

• PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    October 9, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Hehe well my 3.5 year old doesn't take a nap anymore since she gets all of her sleep at night (12-13 hours), but my 17 month old still sleeps 1.5-3 hours during the day.  I take a break and let my daughter watch movies or she and I do an arts/crafts project in the kitchen.

Quoting bbyslynn:

Naps? Breaks? What are these magical things you speak of?! I'd like one of each please! :)

• kmencl3210
    October 9, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Both lol. Depends on the day... most times DS1 still takes 2 naps a day so for one nap when DS4 is here we do something together like a craft or whatever, the other nap I use to get somethings done/get a little alone time 

• do11face
    October 9, 2012 at 11:40 AM

I've never had the privilege of both of them napping.

They each quit napping at two years old and they are 2 1/2 year apart, so...yeah. : /

Although, before my first was born and my son still napped I would just relax most of the time. He was a very energetic baby.

• vrbtnseele
    October 9, 2012 at 11:40 AM
    I take a break. Watch a show or two, if her toys are everywhere i put them in a pile so its not so bad when my roommate gets home, but thats it. Shes in bed by 730 so i clean, and shower after shes down for the night.
  • PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    October 9, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Oh man that sucks.  I took away my daughter's nap after she turned 3 on purpose because it was starting to take her 45 minutes to an hour to fall asleep, so then my kids would be sleeping opposite times and I could never go anywhere or run any errands because it would take a span of 4-6 hours for their naps to be over since one would wake up way earlier than the other because he went to bed way earlier.  It was almost a year after my son was born.  She just sleeps 12-13 hours at night so she gets all of her sleep at once.

Quoting do11face:

I've never had the privilege of both of them napping.

They each quit napping at two years old and they are 2 1/2 year apart, so...yeah. : /

Toddlers & Preschoolers

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN