Toddlers & Preschoolers

Featured Posts
PEEK05
When your LOs are napping, do you take a break or get things done?
by PEEK05
October 9, 2012 at 11:34 AM

I take a break.

Replies

• 3lilmonsters88
    October 9, 2012 at 11:42 AM
    I nap lol
  • starry_dreamer
    October 9, 2012 at 11:43 AM
    I usually regroup but today I'm cleaning. No cleaning was done over the weekend and it shows. :/
  • mom2swtboys
    October 9, 2012 at 11:43 AM
    When my kids napped, I would lay down with them for 15-30 mins. Then get up, put a movie on then clean.

My 1 yr old naps still, and during hos nap I school the boys on subjects they need one on one help with.
  • do11face
    October 9, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Oh man, yeah, thats rough.
    With mine they weren't falling asleep at night and nap was just a battle and not worth it. So, I decided better for them to go to bed early and relax then rather than having an epic battle at nap time every day, lol. My 3 year old will on rare occasions fall asleep in the car but that's about it.

Quoting PEEK05:

Oh man that sucks.  I took away my daughter's nap after she turned 3 on purpose because it was starting to take her 45 minutes to an hour to fall asleep, so then my kids would be sleeping opposite times and I could never go anywhere or run any errands because it would take a span of 4-6 hours for their naps to be over since one would wake up way earlier than the other because he went to bed way earlier.  It was almost a year after my son was born.  She just sleeps 12-13 hours at night so she gets all of her sleep at once.

Quoting do11face:

I've never had the privilege of both of them napping.

They each quit napping at two years old and they are 2 1/2 year apart, so...yeah. : /

• Larsbug
    by Larsbug
    October 9, 2012 at 11:46 AM

wait...you mean there are parents out there with kids who take naps?? someone wanna tell my 3 year old that he is suppose to do that? lol my 6 month old is the only one who takes naps and I do stuff around his schedule anyway

• sweetone44_2004
    October 9, 2012 at 11:54 AM
    Dd doesn't nap anymore, but really it just depends. Mostly I just ate junk food and watched whatever I wanted on the big TV lol.
  • corrinacs
    October 9, 2012 at 12:24 PM

I really don't get a break LOL.  But I always use it for housecleaning, etc :/.  I know I hsouldn't somethimes, but these things wont' get done otherwise!

• wkdgrneyes
    October 9, 2012 at 12:27 PM

It depends, I usually nap too but today im on coffee #3 :)

• JennyM87
    October 9, 2012 at 12:28 PM

I usually read a book. About the only time I get me time. I probably should be cleaning though. HeHe. 

• MusicMuse1991
    October 9, 2012 at 12:29 PM

both

depends on my mood

Toddlers & Preschoolers

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email