Toddlers & Preschoolers

PEEK05
When your LOs are napping, do you take a break or get things done?
by PEEK05
October 9, 2012 at 11:34 AM

I take a break.

Replies

• 3lilmonsters88
    October 9, 2012 at 11:42 AM
    I nap lol
  • starry_dreamer
    October 9, 2012 at 11:43 AM
    I usually regroup but today I'm cleaning. No cleaning was done over the weekend and it shows. :/
  • mom2swtboys
    October 9, 2012 at 11:43 AM
    When my kids napped, I would lay down with them for 15-30 mins. Then get up, put a movie on then clean.

My 1 yr old naps still, and during hos nap I school the boys on subjects they need one on one help with.
  • do11face
    October 9, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Oh man, yeah, thats rough.
    With mine they weren't falling asleep at night and nap was just a battle and not worth it. So, I decided better for them to go to bed early and relax then rather than having an epic battle at nap time every day, lol. My 3 year old will on rare occasions fall asleep in the car but that's about it.

Quoting PEEK05:

Oh man that sucks.  I took away my daughter's nap after she turned 3 on purpose because it was starting to take her 45 minutes to an hour to fall asleep, so then my kids would be sleeping opposite times and I could never go anywhere or run any errands because it would take a span of 4-6 hours for their naps to be over since one would wake up way earlier than the other because he went to bed way earlier.  It was almost a year after my son was born.  She just sleeps 12-13 hours at night so she gets all of her sleep at once.

Quoting do11face:

I've never had the privilege of both of them napping.

They each quit napping at two years old and they are 2 1/2 year apart, so...yeah. : /

• Larsbug
    by Larsbug
    October 9, 2012 at 11:46 AM

wait...you mean there are parents out there with kids who take naps?? someone wanna tell my 3 year old that he is suppose to do that? lol my 6 month old is the only one who takes naps and I do stuff around his schedule anyway

• sweetone44_2004
    October 9, 2012 at 11:54 AM
    Dd doesn't nap anymore, but really it just depends. Mostly I just ate junk food and watched whatever I wanted on the big TV lol.
  • corrinacs
    October 9, 2012 at 12:24 PM

I really don't get a break LOL.  But I always use it for housecleaning, etc :/.  I know I hsouldn't somethimes, but these things wont' get done otherwise!

• wkdgrneyes
    October 9, 2012 at 12:27 PM

It depends, I usually nap too but today im on coffee #3 :)

• JennyM87
    October 9, 2012 at 12:28 PM

I usually read a book. About the only time I get me time. I probably should be cleaning though. HeHe. 

• MusicMuse1991
    October 9, 2012 at 12:29 PM

both

depends on my mood

Toddlers & Preschoolers