Toddlers & Preschoolers

mommy06and09
do you follow the same rules
October 8, 2012 at 6:26 PM
that you set for your kids? i wont allow my kids to eat anywhere but the kitchen yet i eat all over the house. i tell my kids not to yell but im always yelling. my kids cant swear but im a sailor. i feel like such a hypocrite!

Replies

• som610
    by som610
    October 9, 2012 at 12:05 PM

For the most part I do. My husband on the other hand does not. lol

• HTMommy
    by HTMommy
    October 9, 2012 at 12:05 PM

hahahah me too! but ya know...I am the adult. I make the rules and they are the children. WHEN they are old enough and responsible enough, the rules will change. But until them...get used to it lol

• HTMommy
    by HTMommy
    October 9, 2012 at 12:07 PM

The other thing is when I start feeling hypocritical I follow the rules with the kids just to show them that they aren't lost on me. Does that make sense?

• lauratupper
    October 9, 2012 at 2:04 PM

yes I do.

• RobynS
    by RobynS
    October 9, 2012 at 3:02 PM

for the most part, I do. If I eat somewhere other than the dining room, I usually do it after they're asleep. DH, on the other hand, blatantly breaks all the rules right in front of them. Grrr.

• BlessedBeX3
    October 9, 2012 at 3:47 PM

hey your an adult lol that gives you freedom to do what you please. once they are in their own place they'l be able to do all of that :P hehe

• .Angelica.
    October 9, 2012 at 3:51 PM

I don't with some things :/ my son has to eat at the table, but that's because he's really messy. I eat on the couch all the time. lol

• wjpassanante
    October 9, 2012 at 4:02 PM
    I try to
  • mommy06and09
    October 10, 2012 at 6:42 AM
    lol and thats why i break the rules. when the kids are older they will be allowed to eat in the living room as well. i do occasionally let them have a picnic in the living room though. :-)

Quoting .Angelica.:

I don't with some things :/ my son has to eat at the table, but that's because he's really messy. I eat on the couch all the time. lol

Toddlers & Preschoolers