Toddlers & Preschoolers

shadow_lark
Jeans for skinny toddler?
October 8, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Does anyone know where I could find some jeans for my dd?  She is very skinny, but needs 24 month size pants for length.  Her 18 month size pants are just now getting to where they dont fall off, but all of the brands i have tried for 24 month just fall off, even if i roll them at the waistband.

help!

Replies

• Malley
    by Malley
    October 8, 2012 at 12:29 AM
    Children's Place fit my son the best.
  • Childofares
    October 8, 2012 at 12:29 AM

I order mine at Childrensplace online. I used to get old navy but it seems the length on Childrens Place is just a bit longer even in the same sizes and I haven't been happy with the stitching on ON jeans lately for toddlers

• LucyHarper
    October 8, 2012 at 12:30 AM

We buy jeans with an adjustable weight or we have him wear a belt.

• shadow_lark
    October 8, 2012 at 12:32 AM

I'm not a big fan of ON anyway, their clothes seem to strech and lose their shape or fall apart really quick.

Quoting Childofares:

I order mine at Childrensplace online. I used to get old navy but it seems the length on Childrens Place is just a bit longer even in the same sizes and I haven't been happy with the stitching on ON jeans lately for toddlers

• Ultra_
    by Ultra_
    October 8, 2012 at 12:37 AM

I had to get adjustable waists and pull the elastic as tight as it went. It's not ideal because they bunch up and it looks a little funny. Also, you can have a seamstress make adjustments. My mom sews, so she would tighten some things.

Now that my girls are older and can get slim pants, I do. It's so much better. They make clothes so big! My 8 year old can still wear some jean shorts with elastic waist that are size 3t. My son is 4 and wears 18-24 months from Old Navy and still has the waist pulled a little tight.

• shadow_lark
    October 8, 2012 at 12:40 AM

I could adjust them myself if i wanted to...but then i would have to dig out the sewing machine and uggg...bleck.  i dont like sewing :(

but  Ikwym...my ds is the same way.  he needs a 6 because he is so tall, but can still fit into a 3t waist sometimes.  luckily, though, he seems to be filling out. 

Quoting Ultra_:

I had to get adjustable waists and pull the elastic as tight as it went. It's not ideal because they bunch up and it looks a little funny. Also, you can have a seamstress make adjustments. My mom sews, so she would tighten some things.

Now that my girls are older and can get slim pants, I do. It's so much better. They make clothes so big! My 8 year old can still wear some jean shorts with elastic waist that are size 3t. My son is 4 and wears 18-24 months from Old Navy and still has the waist pulled a little tight.

• Childofares
    October 8, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Agreed! 2 winters ago I got some great thermal shirts from ON and the last 2 years they were rags after the first washing. I pretty much gave up. That and with my place cash I got 60 free dollars for boy's winter wardrobe :)

Quoting shadow_lark:

I'm not a big fan of ON anyway, their clothes seem to strech and lose their shape or fall apart really quick.

Quoting Childofares:

• shadow_lark
    October 8, 2012 at 12:44 AM

and they dont make things long enough for me!  lol, but that is a whole other post

Quoting Childofares:

Agreed! 2 winters ago I got some great thermal shirts from ON and the last 2 years they were rags after the first washing. I pretty much gave up. That and with my place cash I got 60 free dollars for boy's winter wardrobe :)

Quoting shadow_lark:

Quoting Childofares:

• .Angelica.
    October 8, 2012 at 1:00 AM

my son is long legged and a bean pole, old navy pants usually fit well. they have adjustable elastic in the waist.

• RLT2
    by RLT2
    October 8, 2012 at 1:17 AM

No jeans, just get jeggings. All the fun of a "jean" look, but they stay put on your kids ass ;)

Toddlers & Preschoolers