Toddlers & Preschoolers

K.Axson412
Terrible Twos!!!!!!!!!!!
October 7, 2012 at 8:52 PM

My sweet, precious, angel baby of a daughter. Or atleast thats what she used to be before she discovered climbing, and screaming, and hitting, and biting and scratching! She is 17 months old and she is not the sweet baby angel she was 5 months ago. She is so mean now...idk what to do. My sons terrible twos werent this bad, idk how to handle it. Ive been told to pop her hand when she hits but i dont see that as an effective way of dealing with her hitting problem. Hitting for hitting? No thanks. With my oldest son, i was a screamer, i still am, its a hard habit to quit but i dont want to start that with my daughter as ive seen the outcome of that. Im trying a time out right now, but im unsure if its effective.

Replies

• yellownes8
    October 7, 2012 at 9:13 PM
    My daughter is the same way...she used to be the sweetest child ever then she turned into a total brute. My family members can't even be around her for long periods of time because of the tantrums and screaming. It's exhausting...can't wait for this to be over. My 3 year old went through it too but not like this...
  • K.Axson412
    October 7, 2012 at 9:17 PM

SHe stabbed her brother in the head with a fork the other night...ugh, luckily there was no damage

• PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    October 7, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Re-direction and positive reinforcement is vital for this age.

Toddlers & Preschoolers