Toddlers & Preschoolers

catelynnsmom
Vaccinated kids
October 7, 2012 at 8:27 PM
I vaccinate my child and it bothers me if non vax kids are in my daughters class. Never thought about it until there was a whooping cough outbreak at the school I teach at which occurred bc if non vax kids

Replies

• mommaFruFru
    October 7, 2012 at 8:44 PM

why does it bother you? your child is protected < or mostly protected>... 

ive never got why it bothers vaxing parents.. i mean im a vaxing parent.. i could care less if the non vaxed kids get sick< other than i feel sorry for them> i know ive done what i feel is best in protecting my child by vazing

• snowangel1979
    October 7, 2012 at 8:50 PM
    The funny thing is the cdc released a statement that the whopping cough vaccine may be actually be spreading it. Which is weird because It's supposed to be a non-live vaccine.

So it could have been spread by a vaccinated child or adult

I don't understand if the vaccines work, it should be no fear. If they don't work, why vax.
  • Mipsy
    by Mipsy
    October 7, 2012 at 9:36 PM
    80% of the pertussis cases were linked to vaccinated children.
  • piwife
    by piwife
    October 7, 2012 at 9:42 PM
    Please educate yourself. I vaccinate my kids and even I know that the outbreak was link to adults shedding the vaccine. So please go read up on it then come back with an actual smart post
  • Mipsy
    by Mipsy
    October 7, 2012 at 9:45 PM
    It wasn't just adults but kids in the 12-13 age range as well, it is believed the vaccine begins to wane by that age.

Quoting piwife:

Please educate yourself. I vaccinate my kids and even I know that the outbreak was link to adults shedding the vaccine. So please go read up on it then come back with an actual smart post

Toddlers & Preschoolers