Toddlers & Preschoolers

Featured Posts
sophiesmom07
Tooth growing behind baby tooth
October 7, 2012 at 6:23 PM

My daughter has a tooth growing behind her baby tooth which is now loose.  Will it shift on it's own?  Does anyone have experience with this? I know she needs to go to the dentist, but I'm concerned and hoping I get some reassurance. 

Replies

• twokids0407
    October 7, 2012 at 6:28 PM
    Dont know my son had the sa me issue and his tooth is still stuck behind others
  • liss05
    by liss05
    October 7, 2012 at 7:19 PM

Same thing happened to my DS they had to pull the baby tooth(it was loose anyway) to make room for the permanet tooth. G/L

• PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    October 7, 2012 at 10:03 PM

I'm not sure.  Hope she gets to the dentist soon. :)

• snowangel1979
    October 8, 2012 at 11:01 AM
    DS had that happen. I ended up pulling on his tooth.
    I pulled it down and later that day both his front teeth came out, both were loose. It was stuck on something in there or on each other. LOL.
    It was that or the dentist, he choose to let me try first.
    I would try to pull it or take her to the dentist. It probably will not shift back 100% right.
  • mommytycon
    October 8, 2012 at 11:06 AM
    Same thing happen to my ds with 3 of his teeth. I took him to the dentist he said they call it shark teeth. He said he could pull or wait till they fell out. All 3 baby teeth have fallen out and the adult teeth are moving were they are supposed to be.
  • sophiesmom07
    October 8, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Quoting mommytycon:

Same thing happen to my ds with 3 of his teeth. I took him to the dentist he said they call it shark teeth. He said he could pull or wait till they fell out. All 3 baby teeth have fallen out and the adult teeth are moving were they are supposed to be.

Good to know! Thanks!

• RobynS
    by RobynS
    October 8, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Yes, it will most likely shift on it's own. DS had one that came in before he lost the baby tooth and it shifted into place after the baby tooth came in.

Doesn't hurt to have the dentist take a look though--it will give you some peace of mind.

• mommytycon
    October 8, 2012 at 12:35 PM
    Your welcome :)

Quoting sophiesmom07:

Quoting mommytycon:

Good to know! Thanks!

• Nessasmomma
    October 8, 2012 at 12:36 PM
    Dd has both her bottom front grown up teeth and only one of her baby teeth fell out so far the baby tooth is just sitting there in the middle.
  • Luvmy2babies22
    October 8, 2012 at 12:38 PM
    Yes the tongue should push it forward once it's in. it's very common

Toddlers & Preschoolers

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts