Toddlers & Preschoolers

Featured Posts
tiredtoddlermom
Does anyone else's toddler hit them
October 7, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Does anyone have this problem? My toddler is 2 years and 3 months, and yes he sometimes hits me.

Replies

• amanda81919
    October 10, 2012 at 10:53 AM
    Both my kids do and idk why, nothing is helping to break the habit.
  • sumannie
    October 10, 2012 at 11:07 AM
    YES!! All 3 of my kids do and they are 2 and 3. They hit when they want something like food and it isn't time for them to eat or they get frustrated. My 3 year old daughter dies that. She seems like she stays hungry constantly lol. Sometimes I laugh bc they fuss over silly stuff and hit me. Its just a silly thing to fuss over you know, but I punish them if they really mean it.
  • CydTom80
    October 16, 2012 at 4:38 PM

My 14 month old just started doing it, occassionally.  From what I understand, between the ages of 1 and 3, it's pretty much par for the course, though to varying degrees depending on the child.  When he does hit, I just firmly tell him "We don't hit." or "Hands are not for hitting" and redirect or distract with something else to do.  He will eventually grow out of it and it doesn't seem to be out of meaness or anything, just out of frustration or trying to get attention perhaps? In my opinion, once he starts talking and able to express emotions better, it will stop.  

• dearg76
    by dearg76
    October 17, 2012 at 5:08 PM

yes my 2 year old DD does this - She immediatly goes into time out it does get better on the weekend. my MIL watches her and she is around her older cousins during the week and I think she is seeing them fight and bringing it home

• proudmommy270
    October 19, 2012 at 2:39 AM

My dd has hit me more than once & after a few times in time-out it stopped.

Toddlers & Preschoolers

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts