Toddlers & Preschoolers

Featured Posts
tiredtoddlermom
Does anyone else's toddler hit them
October 7, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Does anyone have this problem? My toddler is 2 years and 3 months, and yes he sometimes hits me.

Replies

• babowes
    by babowes
    October 9, 2012 at 8:48 AM
    Yes....automatic timeout.
  • la_bella_vita
    October 9, 2012 at 8:57 AM

My son used to try and hit me. I would take this hands and say firmly No hitting.

• armyvet06
    October 9, 2012 at 9:01 AM
    Dd started to hit before she was a year. I would gently tap her hand and say "No Hitting". She is now two and doesnt hit.
  • Itzy0ll0tl
    October 9, 2012 at 9:07 AM

she tried it ONCE!

I dont know if it was right, but this is the way  reacted:

i acted heartbroken, she was 3. I told her she REALLY hurt my feeilngs, and I acted really sad. I told her it made me sad that the person I loved the most hit me ( obviously I DO NOT SPANK, of have ever hit her, or reacted violently) ad I told her I didnt understand, why she would hit me when I have NEVER hit her. EVER: then I pretended to cry. ( by this time the look on her face was making me smile) so I covered my face and told her I was really sad, and pretendend to start crying. she IMMEDIATLEY hugged me and said she was never going to do that again, she is now 5 and she never reacted that way again, +

Wehn se is upset, she ges to her room, cool off, then comes back

• essencemom11
    October 9, 2012 at 9:08 AM
    absolutely not....it better not ever happen
  • hopealways4019
    October 9, 2012 at 9:29 AM
    My 3 yr old hits me, she just show too much aggression sometimes.
  • PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    October 9, 2012 at 11:26 AM

No sorry.  How do you discipline for it? That would be unacceptable in my home, especially at two.

• signingmama2915
    October 9, 2012 at 11:29 AM
    My one and a half year old is still learning not to, so yeah I get hit.
  • conejoazul
    October 9, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Yes. Our son is currently 27 months and right now it is not so bad, but between 1 y.o. up until about a month ago it was extremely frequent. And hard! He blackened my husband´s eye once and gave me a bloody nose two different times.  We´ve tried a lot of different approached to gentle correction, but honestly I am tempted to think what has helped recently is his new experience with being at daycare ... I noticed he went to hit a 30 m.o. girl at a family getting together with our other daycare parents on Sunday .... She was rearing up to hit him back by the time I got close enough to separate them.  He was in "pause" mode by the time I got within arm´s reach ... Seems to me that he now perceives the possibility that getting hit in return by his peer is not the engagement he is going for. I´d love to brag that our efforts are what has made a difference, but right now, I think he is learning this social skill from his peers.

• Maddies001Momma
    October 9, 2012 at 11:50 AM

My daughter does too. I have tried every suggestion. I'm going to keep saying no & putting her in time out. I hope she grows out of it.

Toddlers & Preschoolers

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN