Toddlers & Preschoolers

Featured Posts
GremlinMom
cold nights
October 6, 2012 at 11:44 PM
How do you keep your toddlers warm at night? IDK if socks and long johns will be enough at night. They don't keep their 4x4 blankets on. Bigger blankets maybe? :(

Replies

• sophiesmom07
    October 6, 2012 at 11:49 PM

I have the same issue. I put a onesie under a footsie pj.   This has been enough so far.

• GremlinMom
    October 6, 2012 at 11:53 PM
    Those things are expensive! $8 at Walmart and I'd have to buy for twins. $8 for let's say 4 each, they can.wear them 2 nights since they bathe every night and change in the morning. That's $64!!! $36 isn't so bad, but twice that amount is like...stfu! Lol

Quoting sophiesmom07:

I have the same issue. I put a onsie under a footsie pj.   This has been enough so far.

• BramblePatch
    October 7, 2012 at 12:27 AM
    Warm footie jammies, here! My kids are 4 and 5 and still wear them October to April.

Edited to add...i have to buy two sets, too...you can find carters two packs at Walmart for $9-$10. I don't buy those anymore but they are a good deal.
  • lilmama8408
    October 7, 2012 at 12:30 AM
    my son in the winter sleeps with long pants and tshirt sometimes long sleeve. He has 2 baby blankets, 1 twin conforter and 1 adult size fleece blanket. He LOVES blankets tho. When he was little we just did feetie pjs.

Dd we put her in a onesie and then in a fleece zip up "bag" she's 3months
  • corrinacs
    October 7, 2012 at 7:58 AM

If they kick off blankets, its probably because they are warm, so whatever you are doing now is fine :).  Unless they are complaining that they are cold

• bpryce
    by bpryce
    October 7, 2012 at 8:00 AM
    Footie pajamas or long pajamas with socks. We also keep a space heater in the bedrooms just at night so the temperature never drops to low in our rooms.
  • CLEKate
    by CLEKate
    October 7, 2012 at 8:17 AM

How old are your kids?  That makes a big difference.

My boys are now 3 & 4.  Last winter we used heaters in their rooms to keep the temp higher (older house with regulation issues.)  This year we are not using them--they are starting to use blankets (large, normal size ones.)

• mariesmama
    October 7, 2012 at 9:57 AM

give them sleeping bags thosere my blankets my 3 yr old has an adult sleeping bag

• sophiesmom07
    October 7, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Quoting BramblePatch:

Warm footie jammies, here! My kids are 4 and 5 and still wear them October to April.

Edited to add...i have to buy two sets, too...you can find carters two packs at Walmart for $9-$10. I don't buy those anymore but they are a good deal.

Yes, try Walmart.  Also, you can always find them super cheap at the end of the season.  Children's place has them as cheap as $3.  At least you'll be prepared for next winter.  

• GremlinMom
    October 7, 2012 at 11:58 AM
    The twins are 18 months, #3 is 4 months. They don't kick the blankets off, they don't know how to keep them on.

Toddlers & Preschoolers

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts