Toddlers & Preschoolers

Featured Posts
MyLittlePwny
Sexual harrassment at dd's school - **UPDATE**
October 5, 2012 at 8:56 AM

This may get a little long, but I will try and keep this as short as possible - I just could really use some advice right now.

My 4 year old dd is in Pre-K.  She attends the After School program in the afternoons for 2 hours until I get off work and pick her up.  There is a little boy in her after school class, C, who we've had a few issues with since the first day of school.  The first day I picked my dd up and she was crying.  Apparently, C had pushed her, pulled her hair and kissed her on the mouth.  She tried to push him off of her, in which the teacher put them both in time out.  I immediately brought it up to the owner of the school and she admitted to me that they've had some behavior issues with this child in the past.  So bad, apparently, that his parents have had to come and pick him up several times.

A couple of weeks later, my dd tells me that he kissed her again.  I immediately called the school and they told me that they would be talking with his parents about it.

Yesterday I go to pick her up, and discover that she has a new after school teacher, Mrs. T.  She was also my dd's teacher last year when she was in daycare, so we know her very well and love her to pieces.  She loves my dd and tells me that my dd is very special to her.

I take the opportunity to inform her about the problems that we have had with C and to please keep an eye on my dd.  She then told me that last week, C's parents had to come and pick him up because on the playground, he had pinned another little girl down and was trying to pull her clothes off.  Needless to say, I'm beyond shocked and no longer want this child anywhere near my daughter.

Here's my problem.  I know this teacher wasn't supposed to tell me this information, however, because we have had several problems with him these past few weeks, I don't want to take any chances at him doing something like this to my child.  It's obvious that he has issues, and I'm really upset that the school is still allowing him back each day.  I want to tell the school that I want them separated and I don't want my dd in the same class as him, but I also don't want to get the teacher in trouble.  More importantly, I don't want to risk something happening to my dd, because if he tries to kiss her again, my husband and I have agreed that we would press charges against the parents for sexual harrassment.  This boy is extremely aggressive and it's really starting to worry me.

Changing schools is not an option at this point (obviously, worst case scenario we would, but that would be our last resort).  WWYD if you were in this situation?

**UPDATE**

I called the main office for the Head Start program, which oversees the state's Pre-K program and spoke with a very nice lady there.  I explained to her what's going on and even she was curious as to why the child is still able to attend school.  She said that she was going to find out who's jurisdiction the school is under and have them conduct an investigation to get to the bottom of what's going on.  I requested to remain anonymous and the lady told me that she would call me to update me once she knows what actions they will take (investigation, etc.). If they feel that something is going on at home with this child, they will involve DFCS at that time.

In the mean time, I will be talking with the owner today and tell her that I've spoken with other parents and heard that he was involved in yet another incident and that I am requesting he be removed from my daughter's after school class.  If they move him, great, if not.. well, I don't think telling them I've already reported them is going to do anything but make a big ass stink.

Replies

• tnmommy5
    October 5, 2012 at 10:03 AM
    I actually feel sorry for the little boy. If he were being raised properly and not subject to either being abused or seeing someone being abused he would not be this way. Something is wrong here and it's the school's place to report it if they suspect abuse. Someone needs to stand up for this little boy and get him the help and protection he needs and deserves!
  • MyLittlePwny
    October 5, 2012 at 11:17 AM

bump for update

• ToughLilMan1208
    October 5, 2012 at 11:23 AM
    Im a chicken, lol..So I would do it anonymously, but DH, he's loud, and would put up such a whirl wind in that school...If you get CPS or DCF involved, and say who you are, you can get some help for DD aswell, have someone talk to her about what happen. Either way, you gotta break the chain now, he's doing it now, and someones probably doing it to him. If somethings not done now, it'll be worse later on.

Quoting MyLittlePwny:

A friend of mine actually suggested that this morning.  Do you think I should go straight to DCFS and wait, or bring it to the table that I want my dd away from him and report? 

Quoting ToughLilMan1208:

I would file an annoymous complaint with DCF, and explain your situation. The school should not have that child there, he obviously needs one on one help, maybe he being molested. Maybe your his only voice, cause it seems like the school just keeps calling his parents, and nothing else is happrning after than. I'd pull my child out until the issue is resolved, but if theres no other school in town, and you have no other choice, I would report the school and child. Either way, report. He could get alot more agressive next time.

• Mipsy
    by Mipsy
    October 5, 2012 at 11:35 AM
    It sounds like the kid has some issues of some sort. But I don't think kicking him out of school is appropriate. I think he needs his own aide to supervise him at all times.
  • .Angelica.
    October 5, 2012 at 12:11 PM
    I hope this all gets figured out. In the meantime hopefully the little boy will be moved.
  • hudson.maggie
    October 5, 2012 at 12:26 PM
    Don't tell them you already have just say, "I guess I'll be talking to someone above you to fix the problem". I'm glad the lady was nice and is going to help! :)
  • corrinacs
    October 5, 2012 at 1:44 PM

I agree with you.  WIth his behavior, something needs to be done and his parents are obviously either in denial or oblivious (my kid didn't do that).  Either way, the other children shouldn't be forced to go through this.

You did a fantastic thing going to the authorities on this one.  Keep us updated as far as what happens!

• MyLittlePwny
    October 5, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Are you serious? Who is going to pay somebody to watch him 24/7?  I've never even heard of such a thing.  The child needs counseling and the parents need to be looked into.

Quoting Mipsy:

It sounds like the kid has some issues of some sort. But I don't think kicking him out of school is appropriate. I think he needs his own aide to supervise him at all times.

• othermom
    October 5, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Good luck I hope everything works out. That little boy needs help

• Mipsy
    by Mipsy
    October 5, 2012 at 3:00 PM
    Lol, very serious. Shows how you know very little about stuff. Many kids get aides for various needs and reasons in school.

Quoting MyLittlePwny:

Are you serious? Who is going to pay somebody to watch him 24/7?  I've never even heard of such a thing.  The child needs counseling and the parents need to be looked into.

Quoting Mipsy:

Toddlers & Preschoolers

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts