Toddlers & Preschoolers

PEEK05
MOMS OF MORE THAN ONE: How different are your LOs from one another?
by PEEK05
October 3, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Replies

• othermom
    October 3, 2012 at 7:32 PM

My oldest is very emotionally, active, and a very analytical thinker. My middle is not as emotional, is funny, loving, she loves to sing and dance. Both are very well behaved, even as toddlers, they were really good. They fight some but are really great kids. My third is funny, stubborn, loud, demanding, sweet, very active, and a bit of a terror

• A.J.s_mommy
    October 3, 2012 at 7:33 PM
    Not sure yet. AJ is 5, and Gabby is only 5 days old.
  • Luvmy2babies22
    October 3, 2012 at 7:39 PM
    My oldest is pretty laid back. I've always said that if you look up the definition of the Serenity prayer you will see his picture. My youngest is all drama. but they are also very similar. Both are very social. Both are born leaders. Both are very secure and emotionally mature for their ages. My son is an amazing sleeper but sleeping is my daughter's super power. So I guess they are both very similar and very different.
  • xoxRachelxox
    October 3, 2012 at 9:44 PM

My oldest son is 14, from a previous relationship and has ADHD. He's VERY active and can be draining to be around sometimes. I love him but he's non stop and it gets hard sometimes.

My middle son is 4 and he's very timid and shy. He likes to play by himself, doesn't like loud noises and is very laid back.

My youngest is 3 and he is INSANE! lol. He's a clown and will do things just to make you laugh. He's very outgoing and can be very fresh sometimes. He likes to start with his brothers too.

They're all great kids, just have their own strengths and weaknesses.

• piwife
    by piwife
    October 3, 2012 at 10:20 PM
    Elizabeth 5 diva, sassy,smart, hyper, did I mention sassy....
    Gabe 3 funny, sensitive, a screamer, easy going
    Tori 5 mts.... boob monster
  • bekalynne440
    October 3, 2012 at 10:31 PM
    Wyatt (3) is a helper. He has a servant's heart. He can get a little emotional, but is slowly learning to control his emotions. He's all boy, and increasingly adventurous. He can be quite the dare devil. He's laid back to the point of being a later talker.

Emmalyn (21 months) is cautious to a fault. She didn't walk till almost 16 months because of fear of getting hurt. She likes others to be helping her, lol. She can get very emotional, but some of that may be because she's approaching the twos. She can be kind hearted, but she also can be quite ornery. She's too smart for her own good.
  • kimberly161
    October 3, 2012 at 10:35 PM
    Anthony(23); caring, fun, intellectual
    Alexander(19); witty, smart
    Natalie(12); friendly, very talkative, caring
    Heather(5); funny, active, emotional,smart
    Gabriel(3.5); so loving, very physical, emotional
    Jonathan; curious, active, funny
  • AHmom103
    October 3, 2012 at 10:40 PM

My oldest dd is very energetic, loud, somewhat obnoxious, a tomboy, and smart as hell, but she doesn't always think things through (go figure, she's only going to be 5). My youngest dd is almost the exact opposite. She's quiet, sweet as can be, very smart, girly, and she thinks about everything! You should see her playing Jenga. She's only 2 1/2, but she can play Jenga as well as I can.

Both of them are mostly well behaved, but Ashley (my oldest) gets very stubborn, and when she does, it's usually over something important, so I have to put my foot down, which causes major attitude problems with her. To the point that I have to send her to her room so I can keep an eye on Hannah and cool down some. Hannah can get stubborn too, but normally if I just raise my voice the tiniest bit, she hurries to do as she's told. She's very sensitive, and will cry over almost any kind of discipline, even a 60 second time out. It's amazing how much alike they seem sometimes though. They play great together most of the time, mostly because Hannah plays like an older child, and pretty much worships the ground Ashley walks on, lol.

• Poisongirl98
    October 3, 2012 at 11:07 PM
    I've thought about this a lot. Once his sleeping got figured out, DS (3) was pretty happy as a baby and young toddler, and generally still is. However, when so,etching upsets him--and it can be over something silly--he can go from 0 to 60 in a matter of seconds. There's no build up. He was, however, easily distracted from whatever bothered him until a few months ago. He is not very perseverant when it comes to things that are challenging for him, but he can go on and on about something he wants, almost getting "stuck" on it. He had a large vocab early on and was always a "talker," but gross and especially fine motor skills are still a challenge. DD (15 months)is also generally happy,but she is definitely more perseverant in figuring things out. This can also translate into her being stubborn! When she gets mad she builds up to it, but she is not so easily distracted, but in general is actually easier to calm. While she's nowhere near as verbal as DS was at this age and she also has gross motor delays/low muscle tone, her fine motor skills seem to be pretty good for her age. She also responds to directions very well and is more social and engaging then DS, although both can be "charmers."
  • FruitfulReward
    October 3, 2012 at 11:08 PM

I have a 3 year old son and a 2 year old daughter.  My son is the happiest kid I have ever seen.  You can punish him and he still smiles and says "ok."  He loves to laugh, he loves family time, he is soooo taken with doing what dad does.  My daughter, on the other hand, is very serious.  She takes time to really feel a person out before she will interact.  She is very attached to mommy (daddy's girl does not exist here).  She's very independent, and really works hard to do things herself.  My daughter has a great imagination and she's a lefty (we've never had a lefty, that we know of, in our family--So COOL!)  My daughter, although she is growing up with an older brother, she is so girly.  I love it.  She loves everything pink and purple, loves dresses, and her girly shoes.  She even loves purses!  She a child after my own heart.  They are sooooo different, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.  I get the best of both worlds.  LOVE MY LITTLE PEOPLE!  :)

Toddlers & Preschoolers