Toddlers & Preschoolers

Featured Posts
lynnboo123
Strollers with higher weight limit??
October 2, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Any recommendations on stroller with a higher weight limit?  Preferably over 55lbs or more...and not too expensive?  Thanks!!  

AND PLEASE - No negative comments, thanks!!  :) 

Replies

• CreziaMommyTo2
    October 2, 2012 at 1:28 PM

umbrella or full size stroller?

• SevysMomma
    October 2, 2012 at 1:33 PM

I have an amazing stroller that is "rated" to 50 pounds, I assume you could put more in it. I bought it at Walmart it's called Jet I believe.

• lynnboo123
    October 2, 2012 at 1:34 PM

I'd prefer an umbrella stroller.  We are flying to Boston next week and I need something easy for the airport and to go walk around downtown with.  But in order to check it at the gate it has to be umbrella, collapsable, or under 20lbs.  

• NyiaBaby216
    October 2, 2012 at 1:42 PM

I think Combi strollers can support more than 50 lbs, because my twin combi stroller holds a 40 lb and a 30 lb child with no prob, and if my twin stoller is only 17 lbs, the single should A LOT less. The weight limit might me 50 but I dont think a few more lbs will hurt.

I can't remember where I got mine though...It was nearly 3 yrs ago haha

• lynnboo123
    October 2, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Thanks y'all!!  My daughter will be 2 1/2 years old on 11/28, but she is 45lbs and 39 inches.  She is the size of a 4 year old and most 4 year olds don't need strollers, lol...  Her doctor says her weight is fine because she is so tall, but it's just hard to find things for her.  If I buy a new stroller, I want to be able to use it for a good while!!  :)

• NyiaBaby216
    October 2, 2012 at 2:08 PM

How much are you looking to spend?

• erinsmom1964
    October 2, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Quoting lynnboo123:

I'd prefer an umbrella stroller.  We are flying to Boston next week and I need something easy for the airport and to go walk around downtown with.  But in order to check it at the gate it has to be umbrella, collapsable, or under 20lbs.  

For flying you would be better off buying a carseat cart.  Then you can use the carseat as the stroller and then either use your carseat on the plane and the cart easily stows above head or you can gate check both together and then it is waiting for you on the jetway when you land and you don't subject your carseat to general cargo where it could be damaged and you wouldn't even know it.  Carseats are to be replaced even in small wrecks because of possible unseen fissures in the plastic image it getting tossed around in cargo.

I flew alone with my 3 yr old home to Alaska to visit and the cart was a god send.  Britax makes one that works with all seats and connect with the latch making it super easy.  I bought it for 70 from Amazon came home and sold it on Craigs list for 50 bucks :)

• PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    October 2, 2012 at 3:09 PM

No idea but here is a bump.

• erinsmom1964
    October 2, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Quoting lynnboo123:

Thanks y'all!!  My daughter will be 2 1/2 years old on 11/28, but she is 45lbs and 39 inches.  She is the size of a 4 year old and most 4 year olds don't need strollers, lol...  Her doctor says her weight is fine because she is so tall, but it's just hard to find things for her.  If I buy a new stroller, I want to be able to use it for a good while!!  :)

Your not going to find an umbrella that you will be able to use a good long time unless your child stops gaining weight.  Most you can get I BELEIVE is for 50 pounds.  

• erinsmom1964
    October 2, 2012 at 3:14 PM

Heck Amazon has them right now for 59.99

http://www.britaxusa.com/accessories/car-seat-travel-cart

Toddlers & Preschoolers

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts