Toddlers & Preschoolers

Featured Posts
FebPenguins
Your child's teacher and Facebook
October 2, 2012 at 7:00 AM

Are you friends on FB with your childs teacher? Do you expect to be? Does it matter what age your child is? ie: I'll be friends with childs teacher until she is in grade X. I have a kindergardener, and thought contact with the teacher would be pretty easy thru FB. Should I be 'bothering' her through there, or should I be using the email address she provided at the beginning of the school year?

Are you FB friends with your child's teacher?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 14% - Yes
  2. 75% - No
  3. 9% - Other

Replies

• aidenmomplus4
    October 2, 2012 at 9:22 AM

I think it would be best not to friend your child teacher, if you need to speak with her it should be in a formal setting during her business hours.

• BramblePatch
    October 2, 2012 at 9:28 AM
    I homeschool, but I probably wouldn't. I am friends with several friends who are teachers, though, and I am shocked how much they post all day. If they taught my kids, I would be pissed.
  • lilbit53009
    October 2, 2012 at 9:34 AM

no...and i wouldn't want to be. i don't want to know what they do in their personal life because it's none of my business

• taz1993
    by taz1993
    October 2, 2012 at 9:38 AM
    i have her daycare teacher but wont have her kindergarten teacher unless she sends me a request. if i need to talk to her i can send an email or call the school and leave a message
  • la_bella_vita
    October 2, 2012 at 9:39 AM

No and I do not want to be, lol

• flowrsgalore
    October 2, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Nope.  I do know that other parents in my daughters class are friends with her.  I don't feel like I know the teacher well enough to request as a friend & to me it would feel nosey making that request now.  I'd would accept if she wanted to be fb friends though, so I guess what difference does it make really.

• JenniL05
    October 2, 2012 at 9:58 AM
    I am FB friends with my kindergartener's teacher but only because we graduated high school together and we've been friends for years. I am lucky! That said though I never bother her with school stuff on there, I only go through the school's system for things like that...
  • Jemia
    by Jemia
    October 2, 2012 at 10:02 AM

I just use email.

• KayDziedzic
    October 2, 2012 at 1:11 PM

I only fb friend people that I speak to regularly in real life. So no, I would not be friends with my kids' teachers, because we don't hang out outside of school. If their teacher were a friend of mine, then we'd probably be fb friends.

• LucyHarper
    October 2, 2012 at 1:36 PM

It's against school policy for students or students parents to be facebook friends with their teachers or childrens teachers, they strongly suggest that the teachers don't even have a facebook. If you have to contact the teacher, do it through email, facebook is way too personal and casual to be contacting her about school related things.

Toddlers & Preschoolers

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN