Pregnancy

Featured Posts
Shana11787
Anybody know what a level 2 ultrasound is???
February 16, 2009 at 2:04 PM

I was just wondering if anyone knew what a level 2 ultrasound is or how they work I have never had one and I have to have one and I am just hopeing someone can help me understand what to expect? Thnks ahead of time!

Replies

• NoraDun
    by NoraDun
    February 16, 2009 at 2:05 PM

I think its just a more indepth u/s to look at the baby a little closer!! It actually may be the 3d/4d!

• MamaCarterof5
    February 16, 2009 at 2:07 PM

Every 20 week u/s I've ever had was a level II. It's just a more detailed anatomy scan basically. Sometimes they are looking for markers, other times- they just want a detailed scan of baby's heart and organs- etc.

Nothing to worry about! Usually you have to go to a perinatal center to get one, because the machines are better... but I had an OB that owned one when I was pregnant with my oldest son.

• danielle102373
    February 16, 2009 at 8:55 PM

Its just a clearer, better scan.  The tech can be pretty brutal with the want though, LOL...so go in with a ton of patience and be grateful that you can see the baby so clear.  My tech almost got belted by my DH because of one too may *ouches* on my part.  But if the baby is cooperative then its not horrible, and in fact, even if it does hurt a little, its a great experience.

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN