Pregnancy

Featured Posts
Shana11787
Anybody know what a level 2 ultrasound is???
February 16, 2009 at 2:04 PM

I was just wondering if anyone knew what a level 2 ultrasound is or how they work I have never had one and I have to have one and I am just hopeing someone can help me understand what to expect? Thnks ahead of time!

Replies

• NoraDun
    by NoraDun
    February 16, 2009 at 2:05 PM

I think its just a more indepth u/s to look at the baby a little closer!! It actually may be the 3d/4d!

• MamaCarterof5
    February 16, 2009 at 2:07 PM

Every 20 week u/s I've ever had was a level II. It's just a more detailed anatomy scan basically. Sometimes they are looking for markers, other times- they just want a detailed scan of baby's heart and organs- etc.

Nothing to worry about! Usually you have to go to a perinatal center to get one, because the machines are better... but I had an OB that owned one when I was pregnant with my oldest son.

• danielle102373
    February 16, 2009 at 8:55 PM

Its just a clearer, better scan.  The tech can be pretty brutal with the want though, LOL...so go in with a ton of patience and be grateful that you can see the baby so clear.  My tech almost got belted by my DH because of one too may *ouches* on my part.  But if the baby is cooperative then its not horrible, and in fact, even if it does hurt a little, its a great experience.

Pregnancy

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts