Pregnancy

SexyCocoaMama
Crazy Cravings Anyone?
March 19, 2007 at 7:37 PM
Okay, first of all, I'm pregnant, and ice cream and pickles still sounds incredibly gross to me.  But I was curious to see what wierd cravings everyone is having.  With my first pregnancy the wierdest craving i had was french fries with ketchup and hidden valley ranch dressing.  With this pregnancy i keep fixing turkey breast deli meat with strawberry jelly sandwichs.  And i always have this insane craving for shredded beets.  I think i'm scaring my mom and my husband :)

Replies

• sweetmoonflower
    March 19, 2007 at 7:42 PM
    I tried bread and butter pickles with the butter pecan ice cream (while I wasn't pregnant) and it was pretty good, so I started adding other things. The bbq sause and ketchup was ok, but the mustard was gross.  Of course a brownie with bread and butter pickles and bbq sause is good. (also another pre-pregnancy thing, before any pregnancy). 

My wierdest thing right now is I can't stand milk or chocolate milk :( or ice cream :( and I don't really want chocolate. My favorite food in the whole world.
  • texmexmom
    March 19, 2007 at 8:32 PM
    the weirdest craving I had of all my kids was freshly rAIned on sandbox sand!! lol
     i'm latina and I had read about wierd cravings like this but forgot about them till I actually got them myself!! lol
    i settled for fresh snow! and ate it like it was my last meal!!! lol

• Becca87
    by Becca87
    March 19, 2007 at 8:38 PM
    I haven't really had cravings so far. I've been craving pizza but that's normal, I like pizza. Same with beef.

However, I can't eat eggs anymore. Now that I'm pregnant, I just can't stand them, can't even stand the smell, I throw up.
  • navywife27
    March 19, 2007 at 9:25 PM
    Mine would be lemon wedges with salt...It helped a lot ith morning sickness too!!
  • DillonsMommy
    March 20, 2007 at 1:01 AM
    Well, I'm pretty good with my cravings now...except for ice, but earlier in my pregnancy, I would eat blue cheese dressing on EVERYTHING!! Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. On the meat and the sides. Thats how I just KNEW I was pregnant! And actually, fresh snow doesn't sound too bad...but I live in Atlanta, lol!
  • christysue
    March 20, 2007 at 1:31 AM
    Since I have been pregnant, the thing I crave and eat almsot everyday is PEANUT BUTTER! I just want peanut butter on white bread! SOOOOO GOOD!!!!
  • jleighbum
    March 20, 2007 at 9:35 AM
    Well, right at the beginning I couldn't get enough boiled eggs.  Then it was jalepeno covered supreme pizza.  Now I want smores so bad its crazy.  With my other two preg.  I always wanted chicken gizzards and nachos and cheese.
  • Dakota_Mom21
    March 20, 2007 at 8:58 PM
    I'm having pretty much the same cravings as I did last time. Fruity gummy candy!! And for some strange reason I hate cheese. Especialy if its melted. Just thinking about it makes me want to be sick. And raw meat is just to horrible to think about. Which is a problem because im a SAHM and I make the dinner! lol
  • michelle71
    March 20, 2007 at 11:00 PM

All my friends have been laughing at me because of the cravings I've been having.  It's the joke at our Saturday night dinners everyone wants to hear what I've been eatting.

broccoli, cole slaw, peanut butter for me too with cheetos this weekend I just had to have a snow cone.  So my husband was driving us around everywhere trying to find a snow cone place.  hehe :o)

I mostly do all of the cooking because my husband works nights and the smell of red meat makes me want to throw up.  I was trying to make hamburgers the other day and I just couldn't do it.  And coffee I don't drink coffee but my husband loves it my mom gave him a giftcard to Starbucks that's how bad it is. 

• momma_of_3
    March 20, 2007 at 11:34 PM
    i have 3 kids already and might be on #4 not sure yet but anyhow i craved pb&mayonaiise with my daughter also any foods that are hot ,with my son dakota everything was hot foods and chocolate and with ramon it was any meat marinated.and also hot foods.Right now i just finished 2 pb and miracle whip sandwiches and now i want rice and butter with lots of garlic salt.I will hopefully find out soon enough if i am prego but according to babycenter.com i am only about a week.is it to early to try and find out?i forget these things lol

Pregnancy